Koodo Community

Community

Solved

First bill costs more?

My monthly bill is supposed to be 55.80 since I brought my own phone to Koodo. The clerk at the Koodo booth said my first bill would be around $74 dollars because of activation and such. However I just got billed for Feb 27 to Mar 06 (not even a month) for $84.60. Why is this. I've got unlimited texts and I've sent some to the US but texting to the States is included. I've only used a fifth of my data too.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
View your ebill. Your ebill will show you all the charges that make up your bill. What plan are you on? It's most likely from a pay-per-use charge if you say* you didn't go over your plan.
It just says 'monthly service plan' for $82. I'm on the $62 plan with 2.5 GB. It's supposed to be ten percent off as well because I brought my phone with me.
Userlevel 7
Assuming the rep correctly placed you on the No Tab discount:

$55.80/30 days = $1.86 * 7 days of proration = $13.02 + a regular month of usage = $68.82. Even with Ontario HST that doesn't come out to 84.

Now let's do the calculation with the regular rate of 62:

$62/30 days = $2.06 * 7 days = $14.46 + a month = $76.46. After tax that's 86 and change so that would be more accurate.

Have you looked at page 3 of your bill to see if the discount is there and/or you went over on data, perhaps? Texting is international by default on Koodo so that isn't charged extra. If the discount isn't there then the Koodo rep screwed up. It would show the $55.80 on your customer agreement that you signed before leaving the store. I would call customer service and have them sort it out for you.
I know the agreement says 55.80. Maybe someone goofed at corporate. Also there is absolutely no way I went over 2.5GB, I've only have the phone since Feb 28. Used jusr above 500MB by now. Guess I'll have to call them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Eric Baumann wrote:

I know the agreement says 55.80. Maybe someone goofed at corporate. Also there is absolutely no w...

Yes, they'll be able to go right into your bill, unlike us. Let us know what it was 🙂
So look at page 3 and read what the charges are....
Page 3? I don't get a paper bill and their self serve app doesn't list anything for me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Eric Baumann wrote:

Page 3? I don't get a paper bill and their self serve app doesn't list anything for me.

Not self serve app. You have to login to self serve account to see e-bill.
Eric Baumann wrote:

Then you log into your Self Serve account on a computer, pull up the PDF Bill and look at page 3.
Userlevel 7
You can't see your e-bill on Self Serve? If it's not setup properly then it sounds like you were setup as an account manager instead of the owner. This would also involve calling them so it looks like you have 2 things to talk to them about now. We can help you figure out what's wrong and make suggestions, but to actually fix anything, you need to tell them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just in case you haven't register for self serve account 🙂 https://secure.koodomobile.com/account/Registration.portal
I checked the ebill on the actual website. I am getting the ten percent discount, but it seems I was hit with two billing periods. One from when I got the phone until March 6th ($20), and then from March 6 - April 6. (55.80 plus tax). I think I now recall the clerk asking me if I wanted to be billed at the start or end of the month, I must have said start but I didn't recall. Sounds like the next bill will be what I expect.
Eric Baumann wrote:

I checked the ebill on the actual website. I am getting the ten percent discount, but it seems I ...

That's proration. That is standard on a first bill. You are charged from the day you activate until the end of your billing cycle + one month in advance.
Userlevel 3
Eric Baumann wrote:

I checked the ebill on the actual website. I am getting the ten percent discount, but it seems I ...

virtual star ^^^