Koodo Community

Community

Family accounts needed

Im looking at adding someone to my plan and the only way to do that is to get this person their own high bill. Every other company does family share plans and why you haven't followed suit is beyond me. I know ppl who have families and don't want to be ripped by Rogers or bell and let's face it having a family plan with shared data would help alot of ppl me included. I know there's alot of ppl suggesting this as I was told by the Facebook team but yet nothing has happened what gives??? You guys as a phone company need to fix this immediately not a year or even months later. And yes I would like to hear back about the plans.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Fido and Virgini have family plans now? Those are usually reserved for the primary / premium brands. Fido has "circle calling" which I think is just unlimited calls between lines on the same plan, which Koodo has but no name to it. I could look at Virgin but I think you get the idea. It's been put up several times before but Koodo just isn't meant for family share plans in the Telus Koodo Public roster.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Carriers with family sharing get complaints about one user in the plan over consuming to the detriment of other users, or the inability to manage the users in the manner the account holder wants, so it is a double edged sword. At least with Koodo each user knows how much data they have, and can individually manage that data.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The family sharing lines are part of the differences between 1st tier (rogers, telus, bell) and 2nd tier (fido, koodo, virgin). They will not likely do it on Koodo because it was a strategic setup.

If you are looking for 2nd line for your family member, I suggest you go for cheap plan and wait for promotions at special event like black friday...That might give you better plan overall for family.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@ Jeff, we have a few things you might take advantage of. Customers on the same account can cal themselves for free. Data sharing we currently do not offer. Turns out, after having done an extensive survey with our customers, the only way people would want share data if it can be done equally. People apparently were "burned" by family members who used more data than their fair share leaving very little for others. So, most people seem they prefer having their own data buckets.

We do have a refer-a-friend program that provides bill credit for bringing someone to Koodo. You can certainly take advantage of that one:
https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/public/home.pg