Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Extended warranty on device purchased outside of Koodo?

I purchased a Motorola Moto X Play through Koodo around November 2015 with the Extended Warranty (which has been convenient so far) and I started experiencing issues from manufacturers defects just a couple of months into using the phone. I called eSecuritel and had a replacement shipped to me shortly, no issues at all. Now the replacement device is starting to have the same issues my original did and I'm beginning to believe the the phone is just a lemon (buyer beware, Motorola has tons of software issues coupled with the odd hardware issue).

I want to buy an unlocked OnePlus 2 from the OnePlus website (not offered by Koodo) and I was wondering if I can still get Extended Warranty coverage on the phone since it's brand new from the manufacturer even though it's not offered by Koodo.

My first guess says this won't work, but I would like confirmation if anyone knows.

Thanks.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo will not provide you with extended warranty coverage for a phone they do not carry.
Nope, sorry. Only devices sold by Koodo are eligible for the extended warranty (and eSecuritel replacements have a limited one as well).
EDIT: Time beat me to it.
You could always cancel the eSecuritel one and see if OnePlus has an extended one, but I don't recall seeing one on their webpage.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan Ingravalle wrote:

Nope, sorry. Only devices sold by Koodo are eligible for the extended warranty (and eSecurit...

They do not offer an extended warranty program(OnePlus)
Thanks for confirming my hunch guys!