Koodo Community
Question

Experts please advice, which phone is best buy Galaxy S2 or S3?

• 26 January 2013
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
  • New User
  • 336 replies
Please advice on the Galaxy S2 and S3. What do you think is the good phone with the price koodo offers. I personally think S3 is over priced. But I could be wrong. Which one is decent phone and decent price. Iphone price seems right but iphone software is very outdated in comparison to android. If I have to suggest koodo phone to someone which one should I suggest? Any suggestions.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The s3 is the best phone but the s2 is the best value for money.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo is correct. It really matters what you use your phone for on which one to suggest. If you want a phone that does everything that most ppl use a phone for then get the Galaxy S2x because it does everything fairly well. If you want a phone that has a large screen for games or watching videos & reading on, as well as something that won't lag down when multitasking heavily, will last longer with better battery life, has a lot of extra features, take better photos, & get updated past Jelly Bean then the Galaxy S3 is the phone for you. It's also more stylish & comfortable in the hand then the S2X. The iPhone is highly overpriced for the technology within the phone, your paying as much for the Apple on the back as you are for the technology. Some ppl don't mind that fact & hey to each their own. The Blackberry 10 device could be a great phone to get but we'll just have to wait & see how much it's going to be when it's released. The HTC 8S is a good value if the person wants a mid level Windows 8 Phone. Koodo is really stepping it up with the device selection & I hope it keeps up.
Userlevel 2
Timo is correct. It really matters what you use your phone for on which one to suggest. If you wa...Problem again is if you go for windows phone, communicating between cross platforms. I guess android is more acceptable.
Userlevel 2
How good is galaxy S2? Can you upgrade this phone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How good is galaxy S2? Can you upgrade this phone?The S2x is a great phone, it's Samsungs top of the line phone from last year. It will be upgraded to Jelly Bean either in February or March but I'd say after that it's probably done updating because it only has 1GB of RAM which is pushing it running Jelly Bean. My RAM on my Galaxy Note 2 is running at 570mb of RAM being used up at idle. luckily my Galaxy Note 2 has 2GB of RAM which many newer devices do making it much more future proof because the Android OS seems to be getting more & more things that run in the background with every version.
Userlevel 5
Galaxy S2X is a great phone for its price. If you got the spare cash, go big and get the S3. You'll see a great difference.
Userlevel 1
I would say, if you are willing to spend the extra cash, go for the Note 2. Honestly, the S3 is not worth the extra 300$ for just a little bit better performance. You can root the S2 and get jellybean and it will work just fine...
Userlevel 1
PD, why not explore the possibility of buying an unlocked phone and bringing it to Koodo. Sure you pay more upfront but Koodo also gives you 10% off your monthly rate plan.