Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Exclusive upgrade offer until June 16th.

Hello,

I received a text today from 524-6 saying they are Koodo with a upgrade offer to a new phone with the Tab until June 16,2016. They said they would waive my remaining tab balance and that it is an exclusive offer for loyal customers. The offer was an upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy S6 for 0$ with the Tab, SAVE $400 off the retail price!!. It would be available at Koodo shop locations only and told me the nearest one.

I guess my question is whether this text/offer is a legit offer from Koodo, because if it is I am very interested in it been thinking more and more about upgrading and that's a great deal.

Thanks in advance for the help.

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello. I already received a similar offer by email from Koodo. It wasn' as good as yours though. But here's a post from another MM In the past, Koodo has been sending out special offers to targeted customers who have a certain tab balance determined by them, and who use certain kinds of phones, etc. It's very targeted. Usually, you need to go to the Kiosk, and the reps are able to take a look at your account and the text message you received and act on the text that you have received. Not everyone has access to these types of offers and the rep might of misunderstood you, or was not aware of the offer. Often the reps have little information about these offers that are being sent out.
Robert wrote:

Hello. I already received a similar offer by email from Koodo. It wasn' as good as yours though. ...

Thanks for the response.

So it is actually legit and from Koodo? Just was curious as I never got a text message like this from them, usually just general emails aimed at everyone.
Robert wrote:

Hello. I already received a similar offer by email from Koodo. It wasn' as good as yours though. ...

Hi Brent,  
I'm hoping to talk to Koodo about exactly that promotion.  Is there any chance you can post the content of it here?  It would be very helpful!
Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Wow nice! The best I have ever received in six years is 130 off an iPhone 5s several months ago and a few days ago 130 off a galaxy s5 neo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Oh AND that's only if I open a new line.
Robert wrote:

I got the same offer, here is the content:

Koodo: Anna, upgrade to a new phone with the Tab by June 16, 2016 and we'll waive your remaining Tab balance of $50! Exclusive offer for our loyal customers: upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy S6 for $0 with the Tab and SAVE $400 off the retail price! This offer is ONLY available at this Koodo Shop location: [b]xxxxxxxx Mall, [b]xxxxxxxxx Road. While supplies last. Monthly Tab charge and conditions apply. You're included on the list for Koodo offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe or visit bit.ly/UctlZt

I'm sure that this is a legitimate offer since it comes from the same number that Koodo sends all my other messages to. As you can see it is targeted, since my tab expires in October and is only valid at a specific location (the xxs are an actual location near me). This should be on the $360 dollar tab since the phone is now $400 on that. If this was on an s7 I would have jumped at it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

You can always be sure that it's legit if it directs you to an actual Koodo location to complete the offer.
Robert wrote:

True, my location is the Koodo Shop closest to me.
Robert wrote:

Thanks for the info Ivan, mine is a legit location. Probably will go Tuesday to upgrade. Am I correct in assuming that offer means I don't pay the $400 upfront cost of that phone on the Tab, and just the $360 that goes on the tab and paid off through monthly bills? The wording is a little tricky but that's how I personally took it. My offer says same thing as Anna's just different name, balance and possibly location. Thanks
Robert wrote:

That's the way I'm reading it as well, since the phone is $400 online on tab.
Robert wrote:

Not legit I received this same message and was informed at the Koodo kiosk that this offer is only possible if you upgrade your plan to a minimum $69/month plan + $15 a month until the remaining tab balance is gone. It is complete bullshit and it's just to get you to go into the store and upgrade your plan. I have a feeling that the 'targeted' customers are the ones that are on the older cheaper plans and they just want all those customers to upgrade. This is a shady business practice and I will be switching to one of their competitors as a result.
Robert wrote:

I got the same text. I went to the same store that was in the text and the rep told me "koodo just worded it funny and that I had to upgrade to the $69/month plan".

Was he wrong? I have a $40/month plan with the normal tab, is it not possible to upgrade to the s6 with a normal tab and pay $0 for it like what the offer said?
Robert wrote:

I got the same text. I went to the same store that was in the text and the rep told me "koodo just worded it funny and that I had to upgrade to the $69/month plan".

Was he wrong? I have a $40/month plan with the normal tab, is it not possible to upgrade to the s6 with a normal tab and pay $0 for it like what the offer said?
Robert wrote:

Dillon unfortunately the rep you were dealing with in the store is correct. To get this deal you must upgrade to the $69 a month plan + whatever you owe for your tab.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

The $69 plan is a Tab+ plan, and the $0 offer for the S6 is available to anyone taking the Tab+ plan. It is still a bit of a deal, as you get $400 off the phone but pay $175 in additional Tab fees. Whether or not the Tab+ plan has value for you is another question. I expect if you go to the named location, with your text message, you may find the most accurate answer, as it seems the customer information will be available at that location, and that location only.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

If your text says "upgrade to a new phone with the Tab " then you should be able to keep your plan and use the Tab to upgrade your phone.

S6 is $760 phone. Save $400 and use Tab plus does NOT make sense.

I believe that Kiosk didn't get proper information of this special promo- it's only available for those targeted customers.

I would call customer service about your offer and tell /ask them that they will give proper info at the location, so you can upgrade your phone with this offer smoothly
Robert wrote:

I just got off the phone with customer service and they told me the same thing the rep told me... Gave me the SAME offer that's on the website. How is this an "exclusive loyal customer offer" if its the same deal listed for everyone. It sounded like he didn't even know about this deal either. Here is what the text said copy paste.

5246: Dillon, upgrade to a new phone with the Tab by June 16, 2016 and we'll waive your remaining Tab balance of $http://68.75%21/ [b]Exclusive offer for our loyal customers: upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy S6 for $0 with the Tab and SAVE $400 off the retail price! This offer is ONLY available at this Koodo Shop location: xxxx, xxxx. While supplies last. Monthly Tab charge and conditions apply. You're included on the list for Koodo offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe or visit bit.ly/UctlZt

They say "the Tab" instead of "with Tab Plus". Isn't that what I should get? You're right Mayumi, $400 off to get it at $0 with Tab Plus does not make sense. 

Is there anyone else I can call?
Robert wrote:

If the needing to switch to a 69$+ a month plan and tab Plus is actually what you need to do to get this offer count me out.

It is no longer a good deal/savings to me in my opinion then as I would would be paying 40$ more a month for my plan and not using the majority of the extra which is why I have the 30$ plan currently. They need to drastically reword that text message if this is the case because that is so far off what the message makes it sound like.

Pretty disappointed if this turns out to be the case, I emailed Koodo seeking further information so hopefully something comes from that. Will keep you guys posted if it does.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Looks like the 'Loyal customer' part is the waiving of the current Tab balance., then. It would be useful if the info in the text was clearer.
Robert wrote:

Just an Update. After emailing koodo, turns out we were right, the deal is [b]REAL. Just make sure you guys go to a corporate store/vendor and tell them to check your account. The deal should be applied when they are processing the upgrade. If any more problems, just call customer care. The last issue I had was stores didn't have it in stock. I had to go to a further location to get the S6. Certain vendors only get shipments of 2 or 3 phones, which is understandable. 

So yes, go to your corporate stores and redeem this offer! 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

I'm glad to hear that it worked out. And it's still a regular tab?
Robert wrote:

@Goran Yes regular tab with $0 down. Paying $360 off in a 2 year span.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

That's amazing. Enjoy the great deal !
Robert wrote:

Really hoping when I go that its in stock. Anyway to check store stocks online?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

No there isn't. You'd have to call each store to ask. I'm not sur if Koodo stores have access to inventory lists of all Koodo sales locations or not but that typically you have to call via 611 to find out via one call. But that's my experience with other carriers so take it with a grain of salt until someone who would know explains.