Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Exchange policy question regarding koodo and future shop - want to exchange nexus 5 for note 2

I got a nexus five last week and not too pleased with its battery life. i got it from future shop. I want to exchange it for a samsung note 2. What is koodo's return policies regarding exchanges?

10 replies

Userlevel 2
As long as you return the device with its original packaging and is in 'like new' condition, you can exchange the device for another within 15 days from the day you purchased it. Enjoy the Note 2.
ok is there a specific amout of minutes or something that i cant go over that they will not allow me to exchange with? future shop says its 15 minutes.. is this true?
reason being i was talking to one of the minions at the yonge dundas future shop and they say that the providers set the rules that they cannot exchange after 15 minutes of talk time? is this true?
Userlevel 2
It's actually 30 minutes of talk, but that's if you want to return and terminate the account. You just want to exchange. Just delete the call history on the phone if you're worried. Shouldn't be a problem. If they don't let you, just quote what I said and threaten to call Koodo. This is Koodo policy.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jason Smith wrote:

It's actually 30 minutes of talk, but that's if you want to return and terminate the account. Yo...

And if they say your account shows more talk time, just say you used your sim in a friend's phone
Userlevel 1
Here want people know a bout nexus is not a good android yes sale people are pushing nexus yes is good Phone ones you get it home acked up there is thay don't tell you nexus made by Google as you known but thing is has sale battery not safe all os thay are not telling you wen to much of errors with nexus battery because Sal up os you can't take it out is not safe no expandable memory stupidity with out SD card I'm not to shur if the nextus have SD CARD last one read the reviews on phone wen you buy a phone now you know don't ruch out buy one take your sweet time and look ones you found then go for it not Untell then you got 15 day to get money back or exchange to me is stupid thay policy is like thay
Userlevel 3
I'm ikaros fan wrote:

Here want people know a bout nexus is not a good android yes sale people are pushing nexus yes ...

Ummmm... What
Userlevel 7
I'm ikaros fan wrote:

Here want people know a bout nexus is not a good android yes sale people are pushing nexus yes ...

The only "Ummmm" around here is the um everyone is thinking in regards to why in the world you would comment on a post that is over a year old to only say "Ummmm... What" Smh. With that being said, please take the time to read the community rules as this is a big no-no.
Badge +4
Actually, Koodo states that return policies vary by retail partner (refer to last point in link below). http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/before-you-purchase/what-is-your-15-day-money-back-guarantee What makes this somewhat confusing if not contradictory, is that under the Wireless Code Section G, subsection 4, Trial period, iii; A [b]service provider may establish reasonable limits on the use of voice, text, and data services for the trial period. http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/info_sht/t14.htm Obviously, Futureshop is not a service provider and in my opinion, fifteen minutes of voice usage is not what I would consider to be a reasonable limit. I can only suggest printing both documents and presenting them to the salesperson you spoke with and hopefully you'll walk out of there with a new Note 2.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

Actually, Koodo states that return policies vary by retail partner (refer to last point in link b...

I would make a big scene. "Fine charge me with the service but I want to return to exchange the phone as per the 15 day CRTC policy!!!"