Koodo Community

Community

Solved

ending contract early

I am with Telus and 8 months left. Can koodo end my contract so I can join them?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No you'll have to pay Telus yourself to end your contract
Even though tel us owns koodo?
Userlevel 2
Ken Reid Jr. wrote:

Yes even though Telus owns koodo it is the same with fido/rogers/chatr
Ken Reid Jr. wrote:

OK...thank you for all your help
Userlevel 7
Same with Bell/Virgin too. Retailers might have.gift card offers on new Koodo phones to help offset the cost of switching.
Userlevel 5
Telus and Koodo are still different companies so yes, you'll have to contact Telus beforehand unless you want to port over your number, then just come to Koodo and set up an account with the same number and your Telus bill will automatically cancel and arrive.
Does that mean I can transfer to koodo and keep paying down my contract just to get koodos great plans?
Userlevel 2
Ken Reid Jr. wrote:

Does that mean I can transfer to koodo and keep paying down my contract just to get koodos great ...

It is usually cheaper just to pay off the old provider and move to a new one.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No. That means you can transfer/port your number to Koodo, but you still have to pay all the remaining charges and early termination/cancelation fee(if any) to Telus to end your contract.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ken, try transfering your contract to someone else by giving them some money? Try sites like this : http://www.cellplandepot.com/ or find some specific one for your region.