Koodo Community
Solved

EMUI 10 for huawei p20 pro CLT-L04

Now it is already July 5 right now, and I still stuck on January security update!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone have any idea about when is the release date for the EMUI 10 on hue p20 pro CLT-L04???????????

icon

Best answer by Dinh 5 July 2020, 22:02

Huawei EMUI 10 is currently rolling out in batches. https://consumer.huawei.com/en/community/details/EMUI-10.0-Upgrade-Plan-for-Canada-Open-Market/topicId_92390

You might get it soon if your phone IMEI is in the upgrading batches.

And if you want the latest and greatest upgrade quickly, you would want to stay with Google pixel or Apple iphone. Android OS upgrade has been a painfully topic to talk about.

View original

47 replies

I am thinking about koodo forget all of the p20 pro users now………….

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Huawei EMUI 10 is currently rolling out in batches. https://consumer.huawei.com/en/community/details/EMUI-10.0-Upgrade-Plan-for-Canada-Open-Market/topicId_92390

You might get it soon if your phone IMEI is in the upgrading batches.

And if you want the latest and greatest upgrade quickly, you would want to stay with Google pixel or Apple iphone. Android OS upgrade has been a painfully topic to talk about.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m not sure it’s Koodo’s fault but just how Android in general works.

Userlevel 1

Being w/Telus neither my P20 or P20 Pro have received EMUI 10 yet, and it's now July 11!

And since Canadian carrier's posted on their update schedule pages, June 24 as being the start for EMUI 10 release, I've only heard of a few instances where anyone has actually received it here in Canada.  Most w/Rogers and a couple w/Fido yet not sure how many of those device may have been "unlocked" as that would remove the carrier from the mix.

Considering the release of EMUI 10 for P20 and Pro was supposed start in February, then delayed 6-7 times, it's been an awefuly long road and we're not done yet. Blame is squarely on Huawei here truly believing their mits are still in it even though it appears to be now released to carrier's.

Got to say, in 10 years of Android use this is the worst rollout I have ever experienced by a wide margine. Actually the whole update support experience with these Huawei device's has been absolutely atrocious so they are no longer a choice for my smartphone needs.

Userlevel 1

According to Huawei the Pie update is scheduled for end of June, on the official Koodo update schedule the P20 series started updates on June 24th.

Has anyone received the PIE update for the P20 series. I have a few friends with P20s and none of us have received any update.

Could Koodo clarify with what batch update frequency is? Do they update Monthly, Weekly, Daily? Should i be checking twice a day? every week? every month?

I am eager to get this update, but I also have reservations. Run Android 9 with a full run of security updates that is up to J an 2020, or run Android 10 which is new and my have a slew of security issues, has Huawei commited to security updates for Pie?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

According to Huawei the Pie update is scheduled for end of June, on the official Koodo update schedule the P20 series started updates on June 24th.

Has anyone received the PIE update for the P20 series. I have a few friends with P20s and none of us have received any update.

Could Koodo clarify with what batch update frequency is? Do they update Monthly, Weekly, Daily? Should i be checking twice a day? every week? every month?

I am eager to get this update, but I also have reservations. Run Android 9 with a full run of security updates that is up to J an 2020, or run Android 10 which is new and my have a slew of security issues, has Huawei commited to security updates for Pie?

The update could be delayed and when it is out it is usually done in a staggered roll-out. When it is ready for you to update, you should get a notification on your phone.

Userlevel 1

It's EMUI 10/Android 10 or Android Q, not Pie.

Haven't heard of anyone receiving it via Koodo or Telus, only Rogers & Fido. That was shortly after Huawei officially rollout EMUI 10 here in Canada on June 27, nothing but silence since.

Pretty much a given you'll never get definitive answers, not from OEMs nor carrier's. Newer, and more popular device, "usually" get preferential treatment. Older ones are slowly fazed out receiving less and less update support the more they age, but that's not always the case either as it can be OEM and popularity dependant. Then theres others that are always getting the short end of the stick, like the P20 Series... Own both P20/P20 Pro and can't say I personally found them to be well supported.

Been hearing way too many complaints about the EMUI 10 update for P20 Series, functionality, stability, and battery issue. May just be the luck of the draw but won't know until received. There'll be the ability to roll back to EMUI 9.1 so will give 10 a shot to see for myself.

Userlevel 1

Its now been over a month since Koodo says the update has been released, anyone get it yet ?

Userlevel 1

Its now been over a month since Koodo says the update has been released, anyone get it yet ?

All I’ve heard was as per my post above yours which reads in part - “ Haven't heard of anyone receiving it via Koodo or Telus, only Rogers & Fido. That was shortly after Huawei officially rollout EMUI 10 here in Canada on June 27, nothing but silence since.” – And nothing’s changed as of today July 29.

Checked status for other regions/countries this morning and those that had their rollout start at beginning of June, are still showing “Pushing in batches”. Sooooo, if that is indicative of anything it may be Sept before we receive, if at all. Me thinks Huawei’s looking for a spot in the Guinness World Records at it sure would be deserving imo.

Userlevel 1

I’ve pretty much heard the same thing Fido and Rogers. I wonder if i could get the update sooner if i had a Rogers/Fido sim.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’ve pretty much heard the same thing Fido and Rogers. I wonder if i could get the update sooner if i had a Rogers/Fido sim.

Put a rogers/fido sim in your phone and try it.  it should work

Userlevel 1

Maybe but what I heard/read Huawei was going by the device's IMEI number so possibly not. Doesn't hurt to try though.

P.S. I'm w/Telus and neither my P20 or P20 Pro has seen hide nor hair of EMUI 10. And my Pro has always gotten it's updates at least a week sooner than P20.

Rumors regarding the update came out last month and mentioned a fido client as the source.

Fido claims on their website that the release of Emui 10 for the P20 will only start August 19.

Not sure if it helps but I'll leave the link here: https://forums.fido.ca/t5/custom/page/page-id/forumpage.osupgradesen

Hopefully, Koodo clients will get it around the same time.

Cheers.

Userlevel 1

Rumors regarding the update came out last month and mentioned a fido client as the source.

Fido claims on their website that the release of Emui 10 for the P20 will only start August 19.

Not sure if it helps but I'll leave the link here: https://forums.fido.ca/t5/custom/page/page-id/forumpage.osupgradesen

Hopefully, Koodo clients will get it around the same time.

Cheers.

Thanks for the info missed that… Now that’s hugely messed up, big time! Can only imagine we “might” see it in Sept then with NEVER being a high probability considering how things are going, or aren’t. Nine to tens months to complete a rollout for a series is utterly ridiculous as it started in Dec 2019.

See Telus doesn’t even list the update any more neither does Rogers, Fido now list Aug 19 as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I personally didn’t see any reasons for the delay unless they had critical error in the current update. Huawei might not spend  resource on these updates but on their new Huawei OS.

Userlevel 1

I personally didn’t see any reasons for the delay unless they had critical error in the current update. Huawei might not spend  resource on these updates but on their new Huawei OS.

I don't see any reason for the delay either nor has Huawei gave one. Dunno what's going on but do know, into the ninth month since first stable release of EMUI 10 launched is utterly ridiculous.

Userlevel 1

Is it just my eyes or has the EMUI10 update for P20 pro been removed from the update schedule?

Userlevel 1

Is it just my eyes or has the EMUI10 update for P20 pro been removed from the update schedule?

Well if June 24 was the "supposed" launch date it would no longer be visible since  Koodo's schedule has been updated only showing as far back as July 1.

Wouldn't be a bit surprised at this point if some of us never see it, been a really REALLY messed up rollout thus far.

Userlevel 1

Oh yeah, not sure what happened to the date Aug 19 that I saw with my own eyes. Of course Koodo’s update schedule only shows up to the Aug 11 so maybe that is why. And now I’m thinking, because Fido shows that date but lists OS details as “ July SMR + other updates”, this is just a security update and not a new release date for EMUI 10?

Userlevel 1

Fourty six days and counting since it was indicated EMUI 10 would be rolling out to P20 & P20 Pro here in Canada yet still MIA!!!! Beyond belief especially considering the first stable release landed on some variants in other regions way back in December 2019!!!!

Userlevel 1

Now the Telus update schedule page shows Aug 17 as the date for P20 & P20 Pro “Android Q + optimization”??? I’ll believe it when I see it yet a wee bit too late now.

Userlevel 1

Now the Telus update schedule page shows Aug 17 as the date for P20 & P20 Pro “Android Q + optimization”??? I’ll believe it when I see it yet a wee bit too late now.

2 More Hours PST.

Userlevel 1

2 More Hours PST.

Lol!

Userlevel 1

Yup exactly as predicted FAIL!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Still no idea what’s going on, sorry. Not sure there’ll be much of an update besides it ‘ll come when it does.