Koodo Community

Community

Easy roam: bring back the old add ons!

Userlevel 3
Please bring back the old International Text $15 add on (for Europe, not the US!). Like many others, I find the easy roam price of 10$/day too expensive. When abroad for a long period of time, I send only texts. The pay per use rate is not convenient and easy roam is absolutely not convenient at all! The old 15$ for 75 texts to be used in a 30-day-period was a much better option!

25 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
For light users, EasyRoam is a complete ripoff
Userlevel 3
Why not keeping easy roam (for those who want to use it) but also bring back the old add ons?!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I like this Idea. More options/choices are better 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
We now had roam for several months and the overwhelming feedback from our customers is that they really like it.  Considering that all the other providers had something similar the people were wondering why we took so long. I understand that if all you restrict yourself is text Easy Roam may not be the best choice for you. However, most customers, who had that approach, quickly realize that they no longer have stick with just text, they can use their phone now just like they do at home in Canada. No more fear about a huge bill upon returning from a vacation.  

Easy Roam can be added or removed on a daily basis via your self serve account so if just want it for a day or two during your vacation it can easily be done. 
Userlevel 3
Bernard wrote:

We now had roam for several months and the overwhelming feedback from our customers is that they ...

Still it is not convenient if someone intends on texting only and not changing his/her habits, unfortunately! And 10$/day is expensive even for calling for most people's budget. Please consider bringing back the option of opting in for the old texting add on!
Bernard wrote:

We now had roam for several months and the overwhelming feedback from our customers is that they ...

What about snowbirds that go away for up to 6 months. It is not cost effective for them! Bring back the old add on. They were much better
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

For snowbirds or people staying more than one month you can contact Koodo to get a recurring add-on of $45/month with Unlimited talk and text.
Bernard wrote:

By just using texting while on vacation, I am not restricting myself or missing out on anything. I am there for vacation, not to use data or be on my phone all day. There seems to be overwhelming feedback from customers that they also want the old add on's back. Paying 7-10$ a day when you might not even get the 7-10$ worth is insane. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Unfortunately not gonna happen as you can see this thread has been marked not planned.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Bernard

This is under the Idea section. Maybe a lot of people like this new feature.
But, why not giving customers more options to choose from? 
People are going to vacation for many reasons and different length of time and their  phone usage is all different.

"All the other providers had something similar..."
- Koodo used to be different and seems like leading from the others. But now, Koodo is just follower IMO  :(       Making different /giving customers more options could attract ppl from other providers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

@Bernard

But...

Indeed. And we will continue to keep an eye on how many "me too" it garners. That said, choice is not always a good thing. This article illustrates it well https://www.fastcompany.com/3031364/why-having-too-many-choices-is-making-you-unhappy .

You'd be shocked if you knew how many customers, while we had the different passes, called to say they picked the wrong add-on,  because they were "confused". At the end it's all about balance, no matter what decision we make about anything, it's guaranteed we will not make everyone happy.

What many of you don't see here is the thousands of customers who are very happy with our move to Easy Roam. Unfortunately, forums tend to highlight the negatives more often than not. 
Userlevel 3
Mayumi wrote:

@Bernard

But...

If users chose the wrong add on, it is their own responsibility. They can read the features on the website before they make a choice. It seems that, especially considered it's an 'ideas' forum, the focus of koodo's reps is more on criticising ideas different than koodo's new expensive add on! 🙂 as well as requests to bring more convenient add ons back. Thanks for your attention!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

@Bernard

But...

On people owning their responsibilities I couldn't agree with you more!! 

As far as 'ideas' section, it's not about criticizing, more like providing context from what we have learnt, that's all.  
Mayumi wrote:

@Bernard

But...

I agree bring back the old add on plans
Mayumi wrote:

@Bernard

But...

Agree on the old $30 for 10 day in U.S. which was affordable. Now will cost me $100 for same service and # of days. Koodo has to admit that is quite the jump in pricing. Koodo was always known for their reliability and affordability. Apparently that may now be changing. That's disturbing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

@Bernard

But...

Actually, it would only cost $70 for 10 days in the US, and possibly less, depending on how you use your phone. The $7 per day, also allows you far more use of your phone plan than the restricted options under the old plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

@Bernard

But...

They seems recur old 30 days US roaming add-ons.
You need to be gone more than a month and you have to call in to get it.

If more people request those old add-ons, then they might bring back more add-ons : 3days and/or 10 days. 
Mayumi wrote:

@Bernard

But...

Oops I used the international charge of $10 per day...however, still more than double. Old $30 plan did all I required - unlimited texts, free calls within U.S. and to Canada. Can't possibly think what more I would require for the additional $40. I can appreciate that all pricing increases but this is a ridiculous jump.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

@Bernard

But...

For someone who uses data, this is a good deal.  For someone who doesnt, it is very unfair.

I agree with the daily pricing.  But the cap should be based on the customer's plan
Mayumi wrote:

@Bernard

But...

Condescending much koodo? "What many of you don't see here is the thousands of customers who are very happy with our move to Easy Roam." Well there are also thousands who probably aren't happy. Having both the options won't make it harder or more confusing- people shouldn't be forced to pay the 7$ for stuff they aren't going to use, or pay the unknowing price of using the pay-per-use roaming, or not have use of their phone at all.

I know for a fact I'll be contacting my family at least once a day while I am gone- 7$ at 14 days is not something I can afford. Texting is the easiest option for my family because were not tech savvy and texting is easy to use and understand. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

@Bernard

But...

I'd suggest you get a US sim card and get a cheap US plan. If there were enough customers complaining they would do something to change it but I guess they're happy enough with their results to keep things the way they are.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

@Bernard

But...

If greater variety of options is important to you, the first tier carriers offer the greatest number of choices albeit usually at a somewhat higher price. As a budget carrier, Koodo has to make decisions as to which options they can offer at more competitive prices. Clearly, one of these decisions was to offer limited choices of travel options.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

@Bernard

But...

@ Jessica
US pay-per-use roaming fee is $5/100 outgoing texts.
If you are there for 2 weeks and plan to text your family a few text per day, then you should be ok with pay-per use rate.
https://www.koodomobile.com/payperuse?INTCMP=KMNew_EasyRoamCTA_PayPerUse

They seems recur old 30 days US roaming add-ons if you are away more than 30days.
So, make sure you (and other people who want to have this old add-ons back) vote for this Idea by the title.
Mayumi wrote:

@Bernard

But...

How do you vote?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

@Bernard

But...

There should be a vote and follow button at the top of the post