Koodo Community

Community

dual sim phone is forwarding calls to Koodo

Hi, I asked a question Thursday about this.  Now have more details.  Dual sim phone, Samsung. When making a call the phone asks SIM 1 or SIM 2.  SIM 1 is Chatr, SIM 2 is Koodo.  Choose SIM 1, Chatr, make the call and the call is shown on my plan as a forwarded call to Koodo, and I'm being charged 0.50 per minute.  How can I stop this from happening?  Racked up over $50 in calls so far, without my knowledge... thanks!

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You'd have to check in chatr. I found this: https://www.chatrwireless.com/web/content/faq/extra_services_faq
Thanks.  But there's nothing there that explains why the calls are automatically going to the Koodo network as a forward, and costing me a small fortune... :)  The calls that are being forwarded are outgoing calls made on the phone, when the Koodo sim specifically wasn't chosen.
If I buy the $3 per month call forwarding, will that stop the additional airtime charges?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Renee Mieras wrote:

If I buy the $3 per month call forwarding, will that stop the additional airtime charges?

Yes, it should end those per-call charges.

Userlevel 5
How many SIM's do you have and who is your service provider? is Koodo your service provider or is Chatr?

Daniel Hryb wrote:

How many SIM's do you have and who is your service provider? is Koodo your service provider or is...

I have two sims.  One from Koodo, one from Chatr.  Unlimited calls on both. The phone comes from neither, and is unlocked.  When I make a call using the Chatr sim, it appears on my Koodo bill, even though I have unlimited airtime.  I was told it's because the system sees it as a forwarded call from Chatr to Koodo and those calls are not free.  Makes no sense to me, I never asked calls to be forwarded, I want to use the Chatr sim when I choose it, and the Koodo sim when I choose it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daniel Hryb wrote:

How many SIM's do you have and who is your service provider? is Koodo your service provider or is...

Sounds like a software problem with the phone. You should investigate further with the mfgr since each of the SIMS is supposed to be a completely independent account.

What happens if you interchange the SIMs, if that is an option?

Or can you block "incoming" calls from your chatr and Koodo numbers as a workaround for now?
Daniel Hryb wrote:

The problem is that it happens with outgoing calls.  I haven't checked on the incoming yet.  I can confirm that all the outgoing calls on the Chatr sim are being "forwarded" to the koodo number and charged to me.  I've tried googling the problem and haven't seen anything.  Any insight would be super helpful.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daniel Hryb wrote:

If you block both the chatr and Koodo numbers on the phone, then there should be no way either number can directly support the other.  Using one SIM and then the other, dial ##21# and press Send to cancel any potential forwarding.

I think that's what Goran was getting at in his post above.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daniel Hryb wrote:

I would also argue that since you are being billed on your Koodo account, that it is the Koodo SIM which is forwarding calls, not the Chatr one.

Koodo receiving a call would not have any forwarding charges associated with it.

Without knowing which phone you are using, it is very difficult to offer suggestions about the device behaviour.

Daniel Hryb wrote:

Mr. Mobile Master....can you give me a koodo customer service number that I can call to that really pick-up calls.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daniel Hryb wrote:

See Daniel's comment below.
Daniel Hryb wrote:

Noone is answering in their customer service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daryl Bienes wrote:

Keying in the code ##21# while on the Koodo SIM should kill all forwarding, providing a confirmation is acknowledged. Has this at least been tried?

I'm sure the tech people are closed for the day (weekend).
Daryl Bienes wrote:

I've been calling them since Christmas. EVERY SINGLE DAY. I leave them an email. Noone replied. Do you know any customer hotline number aside from *611? Until when is their Christmas holiday break! They are taking so long.
Daryl Bienes wrote:

appelez je pense que Koodo vous donnera une vraie réponse
Userlevel 5
Daryl Bienes wrote:

@Daryl Bienes

For the most part Koodo is a self serve provider.  Other than *611 or 1-866-995-6636 there is no other "magic" number to talk to someone at Koodo.  Most transactions can be completed on the Self Serve website.  If you have a problem that absolutely needs a Koodo rep to take care of it, you can try one of the above numbers, or you can private message either on Facebook or Twitter
Daryl Bienes wrote:

good
Daryl Bienes wrote:

Thanks. Trying the software settings to see if that helps. Thanks everybody for the help.