Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Does the samsung galaxy S2X from koodo work with wind mobile?

Not too impressed with Koodo's plan, but I like my the G2sx. I was thinking of getting it unlocked and going over to wind. Does anybody know if it's possible?

19 replies

If you unlock it take it anywhere you want.
You could call and ask Wind....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm not sure if the S2X has the band Wind requires.. something like 1700? If it does, as mentioned above you can take your phone wherever you like - as long as it's paid for 🙂
Sophia wrote:

I'm not sure if the S2X has the band Wind requires.. something like 1700? If it does, as mentione...

Yeah I Bought it prepaid.
Userlevel 1
Sophia wrote:

I'm not sure if the S2X has the band Wind requires.. something like 1700? If it does, as mentione...

S2X is quad band and supports 1700mhz, it should work in theory
Sophia wrote:

Yeah some people said they used it on wind, thanks for doing the research.
Userlevel 1
Sophia wrote:

Easy way to find out is trying Wind SIM
Sophia wrote:

i have mine from koodo and it works perfectly with wind
Userlevel 2
Sophia wrote:

This is a 3 month old thread with no activity. There is no need to post in this thread.
Thanks Cire, I would imagine it would work anyway but I'll call anyways to be safe like Fenix said. If anyone has switched with the G2SX please tell me about it and your experiences with wind
If you don't mind being restricted, it's alright....
Marcus Fenix wrote:

What do you mean by restricted?
Marcus Fenix wrote:

If you go outside of your local calling area, you get a roaming charge of $0.25/minute.
Marcus Fenix wrote:

Yes. It works on Wind mobile if its unlocked. I used it on Wind mobile.
Marcus Fenix wrote:

Thats a pretty high rate, but I don't think it will be to hard to avoid roaming fees. And thanks happy, good to know the phone works with wind. Some guy at a mobile shop told me some bs about how its telus and it probably wouldnt work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Marcus Fenix wrote:

It's not BS. Telus runs on the 850/1900 bands. The WIND Mobile network uses a frequency called AWS, with bands 1700/2100. Most phones sold by either provider are compatible with one or the other, but not both.
Userlevel 6
Marcus Fenix wrote:

Hurry up before wind goes broke.....you also might want to do some extra checking. Wind's coverage is pretty bad and now that they are running out of money improvements won't happen. Some people are ok not being able to use their phones because the discount they are getting from wind. It all depends on how patient you are. Here is just one of the many reviews: http://www.windmobilesucks.com/
provide Wind when your IMEI # they will be able to determine if it's compatible with their network. If it is your phone needs to be unlocked
Yes. It works on Wind mobile if its unlocked. I used it on Wind mobile.