Koodo Community

Community

Solved

does Samsung Galaxy Ace II X works on wind mobile, mobilicity and chat r

does a Samsung Galaxy Ace II X works on wind mobile, mobilicity and chat r because i want to unlock my phone please help

7 replies

Userlevel 6
I doubt it would work on wind and mobilicity. Even if it did, coverage with those guys are pretty bad Yes, you will get a cheaper rate, but when you can't make a call, text or use the internet what good it is? 🙂 Good luck!
Userlevel 7
No, it will not work on their network regardless if you unlock it or not. It doesn't carry the proper bands (frequencies).
Userlevel 5
Chatr is Rogers though isn't it? In that case it should work with them.
Jorden wrote:

Chatr is Rogers though isn't it? In that case it should work with them.

Chatr will work but the other two carriers will not
dont believe the hype. calling and texting is the same, internet is only slower when compared to LTE. i usually get 5-6 mbps. network coverage is the same as rogers, bell, telus, wind roaming areas are the same as their roaming areas, except wind charges less for it. to answer your question the galaxy ace 2x doesnt have the 1700/2100 band for wind, but some ro/bell/us phones do. the htc one s, galaxy s 2 x, galaxy nexus to name a few
graydon wade wrote:

dont believe the hype. calling and texting is the same, internet is only slower when compared to ...

Wind throttles their mobile data after 5 GB I believe.
graydon wade wrote:

dont believe the hype. calling and texting is the same, internet is only slower when compared to ...

yeah but isnt the biggest rogers bell or telus mobile data plan u can get like 5 or 6gb? and like 10 or 15 bucks for every 500 megabytes after that? throttling just means its slower but its still unlimited. i dont even notice much of a difference tbh.