Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Does Nexus 5 international model (LG-D821) work on Koodo network?

I have purchased a Nexus 5 international model (LG-D821) outside Canada. Would it work on Koodo network? If not, what about the other telcos? (I'm trying to find out whether I have to sell my phone before coming to Canada. I hope not.)

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Simon, I don't see why the international version of the Nexus 5 wouldn't work on Koodo since the phone is factory unlocked. The only frequencies you need to worry about in regards to Koodo are the following: HSPA/WCDMA - 850 /1900 and LTE 1700 /2100 Hope that helps 🙂
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Hi Simon, I don't see why the international version of the Nexus 5 wouldn't work on Koodo sin...

Thanks. I don't know how frequencies correspond to bands. Could you please help me with that? My phone supports the following: GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8 LTE: Bands: 1/3/5/7/8/20
Userlevel 7
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Hi Simon, I don't see why the international version of the Nexus 5 wouldn't work on Koodo sin...

Based on GSM Arena the phone will run on the HSPA network fully, but you may get spotty network coverage in regards to LTE because it only supports the 2100 LTE frequency. See below: http://m.gsmarena.com/lg_nexus_5-5705...
It's should work
Userlevel 5
If it isnt working abroad it is a hardware problem with the phone as it was stated earlier, all nexus phones come uinlocked out of the box