Koodo Community

Community

Solved

does koodo unlock your phone when u own it

got a lg g3 I have paid off my phone and have had my line cut now I would like to get my phone unlocked I just tried the online codes but who said the code will work.. so do koodo unlock ur phone for free do I have to go to the shop or can they do it over the phone??? an if its not free how much

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo will unlock it after 90 days or once tab is paid for 35$. If you owe them money I'm not sure of the process at that point. You can take it wherever you like to have it unlocked
Userlevel 3
You need to have an active account with Koodo and in good standing to have your phone unlocked since the unlock code has a $35 charge.
Userlevel 6
Kelvin wrote:

You need to have an active account with Koodo and in good standing to have your phone unlocked si...

Hey Jenn! Just to confirm, Kelvin is right - your account needs to be in good standing with the payments and active in order to get your phone unlocked. More info on eligibility here -. http://koo.do/1q5gyTB
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Phone unlocking is done on the phone (for iPhones) or via Self Serve (all other phones). No need to go to a retail location.
Badge +4
If you're purchasing the SIM unlock code from a reputable third party unlocking service, it should work. Most offer a money back guarantee if the code fails to unlock your phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

If you're purchasing the SIM unlock code from a reputable third party unlocking service, it shoul...

I've always received a refund if they couldn't find a code. I've never had a code not work.
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

If you're purchasing the SIM unlock code from a reputable third party unlocking service, it shoul...

Right you are.