Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Does Koodo prepaid SIM support using the phone as a hotspot?

I want to buy a prepaid SIM with high data and low voice, and am looking at the Koodo options. (I'm using a Droid MAXX, Verizon in California, travelling to Regina and Toronto for two weeks.) I'm currently considering the Koodo Unlimited Messaging and Local Calling base plan ($50), with the 1GB data booster plan ($30 + 3 cents/MB). Does anyone here know: does a Koodo prepaid SIM allow me to use the phone as a hotspot? That's critical for me because I'll be working, including lots of Google Docs stuff I can't do easily on my phone, and I won't have access to wireless.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Koodo does allow tethering, not sure if your Droid Maxx is compatible though, does it support Hsdpa 850/1900 Mhz?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If the phone is identical to the Droix Max evaluated on gsmarena, it should do fine UNLOCKED on the Koodo network. You may have to set up a new APN. http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_droid_maxx-5604.php

Userlevel 7
BobTheElectrician wrote:

If the phone is identical to the Droix Max evaluated on gsmarena, it should do fine UNLOCKED on t...

Actually if youre going to use tethering make sure the apn type is "default, dun"
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

If the phone is identical to the Droix Max evaluated on gsmarena, it should do fine UNLOCKED on t...

Best to watch data usage carefully. I find that tethered cmptr screen gobbles a lot more than you think it will, largely because the browsers are not built with frugality in mind.