Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Does Koodo Network Support HTC E8?

Does Koodo Network Support HTC E8?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Check out: http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/non-koodo-phone-compatibility?rfm=1 In your case, the phone apparently does NOT support 1700 band so not 100% compatible.

Thank you for your reply. I am not sure what you mean not 100% support? Do you mean that Koodo only support 2G and 3G of this phone? Or do you mean that the phone may lost the contact in some area?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It means that for sure you will not be happy 100% of the time. Voice should be OK, but no guarantees on data.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Forget about the 1700 band for now, which is for LTE. All but the SEA variants of the E8 will work on Koodo's 3G network.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Your phone does not support 1700 band. Koodo network provided by other carriers in some areas that use 1700 for data.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Your phone does not support 1700 band. Koodo network provided by other carriers in some areas ...

You're talking about LTE here. Many people have a good experience without LTE (myself included, as I keep it turned off).
Thank you for your help and support;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Janice Lo wrote:

Thank you for your help and support;)

You're welcome. Come back anytime if you have any other questions or concerns. Someone is always here.