Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Does Koodo follow the Telus device update schedule?

Userlevel 1
 I've been awaiting the 6.0 update for the Idol 3. 5.0.2 is so poor with memory management, etc. If so, we should get it on or just after 7 July

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm not sure what the Idol schedule is, but my Note 4 was updated one day later than the Telus version 🙂 So I'd say your estimate might be correct!
Userlevel 7
Hi Corey, 

Typically Koodo updates a few days after the Telus update schedule. Here is Koodo's update schedule: https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/upcoming-software-updates
Userlevel 1
Thanks, Mathieu. I didn't have the right search-fu to find it. But, the update page is pretty empty anyway, right now.  Sophia, the Idol 3 was just added back on the Telus list a few hours ago. It was delayed from May 28 to June 7 to July 7. Te only thing I don't like about this phone is the downgrade I took from 5.1 when I upgraded the phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
corey wrote:

Thanks, Mathieu. I didn't have the right search-fu to find it. But, the update page is pretty emp...

@ Corey the page may look empty because we don't show the historical updates only current ones. We are waiting for a green light on the Idol but should be imminent.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That's weird I've been running Android 6.0.1 on my Idol 3 for like 2 months now with no issues so not sure why they would have pulled the update and been 2 months before thry pushed it again. What model number and software build do you have right now?
Userlevel 1
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

That's weird I've been running Android 6.0.1 on my Idol 3 for like 2 months now with no issues so...

7srn-udn1 on the 6045l is what I've got. And, you know that I don't wait to be told there's a new version. I've been checking since I got the phone, as my kids had gotten marshmallow on their 3rd gen moto G before i even got the idol 3
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

That's weird I've been running Android 6.0.1 on my Idol 3 for like 2 months now with no issues so...

That's because each phone manufacturer releases software updates at different intervals. TELUS offers some insight into the inner workings of the software update life-cycle. http://forum.telus.com/t5/Neighbourhood-Blog/Software-Update-Life-Cycle/ba-p/53596
Anyone have any luck finding out when the idol 3 5.5 will get marshmallow?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Danielle Ritchie wrote:

Anyone have any luck finding out when the idol 3 5.5 will get marshmallow?

Should be the next few days Danielle. Just waiting for the go ahead from our network folks. 
Userlevel 4
The software update page was updated. The Idol 3 will receive the android M update on July 7.
Userlevel 1
I got the update this morning. All seems to have gone well.
Userlevel 1
corey wrote:

I got the update this morning. All seems to have gone well.

I''ve been streaming my local CBC radio station from the CBC website, so I don't have to use their buggy app. It looks like the stations won't play from Chrome now. Maybe its the new app permissions?