Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Does anyone know if you can disable the buttons on the Galaxy S6 that light up?

Userlevel 3
I keep hitting these and it drives me nuts!

9 replies

Userlevel 7
I believe it's under display settings somewhere. I haven't seen the Touchwiz UI in a while. You can disable the light keys.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I have not found a way to turn these buttons off, either. Since I often grab the phone by the base of the s creep, I, too, find it a PITA at times.
Userlevel 2
They have the option to turn them off on the S5 but not on the S6/S6 Edge, I think the only way to turn them off is to turn on the power saving mode or to download a third party app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I was hitting them alot more than previous devices as well but once I put a case on my S6 it was no longer a problem. You can't disable their functionality or then you wouldn't have a back or recent function on the phone unless maybe you root the device and use a ROM or possibly use exposed framework and there might be an exposed module to give the phone on screen buttons.
Badge +4
Or you could try this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.notquiteinsane.galaxybuttonlights No root required.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
However, this just changes the time the buttons are backlit; it does not disable the actions of the buttons as the OP asks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Exactly the way I read it as well
Badge +4
My mistake, I misread/misinterpreted the question.
Userlevel 2
same here