Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Does any one feel they getting cheated of data?

Trust I have WiFi in the house, WiFi at work and it's only ten days into my billing cycle and I received a text stating, I used 50 % of my data. How koodo? Stop playing games

7 replies

Userlevel 7
How much data do you have in your plan? Make sure in your wifi settings that your wifi is still enabled when in sleep mode (screen off)
Userlevel 7
Alright, there's a couple of things that may help, besides what Ahmad said.

1. How much data do you have?

2. Go to Settings > Data Usage and look at what my be draining it. You can scroll down, select an app, and even "restrict background data" so it'll stop eating it up when not in use.

3. Do you turn it off when you're at home or at work or whenever you don't want it to be used? The phone can continue to pull notifications, emails, weather, photos backup, etc. Without your knowledge. Turn it off when not used.

Go into settings, accounts, and uncheck the box that says "Auto-sync" data until you get into WiFi. This will stop the phone from pulling emails, syncing Google contacts, etc. Depending on the phone you have, this can be setup in your quick toggles as well.

4. Also go into Play Store settings and make sure "auto-update apps" is set to WiFi only. That trips a lot of people up. 5. Go to Google Photos (if you use it) and set the backup onto WiFi only as well.

I think there's more you can do but it's 8:17 am, I just woke up, typed this on my phone, and haven't had breakfast or coffee yet so good luck my friend. Also, if you gave a small data plan and none of this helps, you may just be browsing a lot of social media or websites or something and need to increase your limit.
I disable all my background data on my apps. WiFi is always connected. How will I ever be sure they not stealing my data. How can a customer be 100 % percent accurate
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
shawn nichols wrote:

I disable all my background data on my apps. WiFi is always connected. How will I ever be sure t...

Why would Koodo steal your data?  They have more than enough themselves! I suggest, just as we do with electricity, natural gas, metered water, furnace oil, propane, etc., we accept that the billing is reasonably accurate.  
Userlevel 6
shawn nichols wrote:

I disable all my background data on my apps. WiFi is always connected. How will I ever be sure t...

You can also see a breakdown of exactly what apps are using data in your settings.
There will definitely not be an entry for "Evil Koodo Tricks: 250mb" 😛
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If your phone doesn’t have easy access to control mobile data, try

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.data.enabler

It’s a one-touch screen widget to toggle mobile data on or off. Use it to proactively check email or perform some other task, then toggle it off again when you’re done.

Thanks