Koodo Community

Community

Question

Does 15 day exchange policy renew after each exchange?

My new phone that I ordered online is defective so I've been trying, with no luck, to contact the webstore for an exchange. They haven't responded to my email for days so I worry that once I receive my new phone, in case I'm unfortunate enough to receive another defective unit, the policy will have expired and I'll be stuck with the phone.

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No exchange policy is from the date of the first phone you purchase. This is to avoid ppl just trying every phone and Koodo being left with a whole stack of phones that they can't sell now which would be extremely costly to the company.

Now defective units are a different story as the will be sent for repair under manufacturers warranty if the device is defective after the 15 day return period and the one year manufacturer warranty.
Actually I believe there is a 30 day defective exchange if it's for the same model and the phone is in the same perfect condition it would have been cosmetically out of the box. If there's scratches or a dent or cracks then it won't be able to be returned or exchanged.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ate you looking to return or exchange?
I'm looking to exchange for the same model phone (Essential Phone). The one I received has the ceramic back peeling off.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
D.L wrote:

I'm looking to exchange for the same model phone (Essential Phone). The one I received has the ce...

You would be the. Be using the warranty process I believe. U less you request a refund then then purchase the phone again as a separate transaction
D.L wrote:

I'm looking to exchange for the same model phone (Essential Phone). The one I received has the ce...

Even if it's under the 15 day exchange period? Ive done a direct exchange before and didn't have to repurchase the phone, just send the defective one and receive a new one. Has the policy changed since then?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
D.L wrote:

Policy has not changed. I recommend the dual step to keep things simple. Please and cleaner. Less complexity
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
D.L wrote:

Here is the warranty policy https://www.koodomobile.com/help/warranty-and-repair-policy
D.L wrote:

Thank you for the information. The phone I got was on promotion during Black Friday (now over) so I can't repurchase it without spending more. I really would just prefer to get an exchange for the same phone just without the defect. I've read the return/exchange policy and I don't understand why I would not be eligible for a direct exchange, especially for a manufacturer defect. Is there a specific reason why?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
D.L wrote:

Paul above just mentioned the reason. Koodo is a carrier not a manufacturer.

If you are talking about manufacturer defects, you could contact Essential directly, if you would like to have an exchange.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
D.L wrote:

It's hard to tell without seeing the phone. "Ceramic peeling" is a diffcult area to make a determination from a community forum stand point.
D.L wrote:

Thanks for everyone's help. I'll wait for Koodo's response before I jump to conclusions, but I would be disappointed if they won't do an exchange due to the defect. As a carrier, they (not the customer) should have the responsibility with dealing with manufacturers on factory defects, especially in the case of Essential who has stated they don't do exchanges for Canadians. I'll wait a little longer and just hope that Koodo will acknowledge my case.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
D.L wrote:

Koodo does deal with the manufacturer on your behalf - they send it out for repair/replacement at no extra cost to you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
D.L wrote:

Koodo does deal with the manufacturer on your behalf - they send it out for repair/replacement at no extra cost to you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
D.L wrote:

From what he said, I think he  wanted a brandnew one, not a replacement.
D.L wrote:

Which makes sense given that I just bought the phone less than a week ago. Id expect a brand new device.
D.L wrote:

Which makes sense given that I just bought the phone less than a week ago. Id expect a brand new device.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Can you send a picture I'm baffled trying to think how ceramic "peels", ceramic is a hard ridged material I don't get how it would peel... Thanks in advance
Apologies for the poor choice of wording. What I meant to say is that the thin layer of ceramic (the back plate made of ceramic) is detaching from the phone (probably due to weak application of adhesive). Here is an XDA post that I found which discusses the same issue; theres a link to a photo if you scroll down a little: https://forum.xda-developers.com/essential-phone/help/cover-starting-to-peel-off-t3699878
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
D.L wrote:

Apologies for the poor choice of wording. What I meant to say is that the thin layer of ceramic (...

Ok that makes sense now thanks.
Would someone from Koodo be able to check my order to see if anything has been processed? I can't reach the webstore and I'm worried that, with the holidays coming, there will be even more delays. My order number is: HFO18956086.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
D.L wrote:

Would someone from Koodo be able to check my order to see if anything has been processed? I can't...

When did you order?

If you have an order number, it should be in the queue for processing.  The Koodo website says there is a 10 business day delay right now at the webstore.
D.L wrote:

Would someone from Koodo be able to check my order to see if anything has been processed? I can't...

It's for my request to exchange for a non-defective phone. I received the phone last Monday, emailed them shortly after, called them a few days later (with a voice message) and still haven't received a response.
I'd be satisfied even with a simple notice that they're looking into it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
D.L wrote:

Ok so this is for the Exchange request, which has not yet been replied to?

Please send Koodo a private message via facebook or twitter and a rep can make sure the process is happening (though delayed due to Koodo's backlog)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
D.L wrote:

Hey D.L - I'll escalate this with the web store team and have someone contact you back. To confirm, you said you've already left a voicemail and sent an email to the web store team, correct?
D.L wrote:

I got a call from a rep right after you posted this. He was very helpful and was able to sort everything out for me. Thank you.