Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Do I have to change my plan to buy a new Nexus 4?

Title pretty much sums it up. Because I just attempted to buy 2 of them, and the system wanted me to change to a current plan (from my 6gig package). Futureshop CSR called Koodo about it, but I left after 20 minutes on hold....

11 replies

Userlevel 7
The only reason you'd have to change your plan is if you're upgrading your tab to tab medium and your current plan is under 30$ per month, OR you're upgrading your tab to Tab Large in which case you'd be required to take one of the Tab Large Plans. You can not buy more than one phone per tab, However you can add more than one line with its own tab if you're eligible (not on the spending limit program [slp]).
The current tabs on both phone numbers on the account are about 0$, so i was going to put the $300 for the new phones on the new tab system. Plans are 60$ per number.
Userlevel 7
Then you're planning to upgrade to tab medium, in which case the answer is no, you do not need to upgrade your plan to get the two nexi which I believe is plural for multiple nexus devices.
ok, for the tabs, one of the phones is a few dollars over 0$, and the the other is a few dollars under $0. So that means one of them will be tab large if i tried to put the whole $300 on it. Is that the problem?
Userlevel 7
I think you'd just have to pay the difference owed on the one over 300$ Have you tried to do it online? Going to tab large would certainly require a plan change.
No. Phone only available in stores so I didn't bother online.
Userlevel 7
Saison wrote:

Ah forgive me, i didn't check. Explain to the rep you want tab medium and that you'll be paying the difference on the one tab. See if that helps. Bring a chair and a box lunch
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Saison wrote:

Also a credit check is needed when getting the tab medium or large, maybe that's an issue for you I'm not sure. I had a $30 plan and was able to switch to a medium Tab without any issue at all, it went through right away when they did it at the Koodo kiosk so it should work. If you were trying to put one of either phones on the large tab then it wouldn't work either because you have to choose one of the new large tab plans which just became available with the new tab structure. So ya just pay cash for the couple dollars still owing on the one lines tab towards the cost of the phone and it will go through. Tabs are not combinable so even though you have money on one you can't use that to compensate for the tab on the their owing a little still, you just have to pay that amount towards the cost of the phone.
Saison wrote:

Credit check was not the issue, the system wouldn't port over the old plan. I think is was the fact that I was trying to use $300 + $8 from the tab balance, which I assume would have rolled me into a large tab. You would think the CSR would have picked up on this. I'm not sure I'll go through with this anyway, Dealing with Koodo service in person is absolutely brutal.
Userlevel 7
Saison wrote:

I think that's your problem right there. The old tab balance isn't available to use because you're upgrading to the new tab.
Userlevel 6
Hi there, you should be able to upgrade your phone using the current Tab and go for the Tab M. If your Tab stands at negative $8, you'll have $292 available and you would pay the difference. If your Tab stands at positive $8, you can get the phone and the new Tab would be set at negative $292. You can keep your current plan but an additional monthly charge of $5 will apply. Finally, you were dealing with a Future Shop rep, not Koodo 😉 If you can go directly to a Koodo store, that could be easier: http://koo.do/locator123. Thank you! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.