Koodo Community
Solved

Do can I upgrade my SM-G386W (Galaxy Core LTE) from android 4.4.2 to android 5.0?

• 18 January 2019
  • 3 replies

I was wondering if Koodo have the firmware available for download for this phone as the phone was purchased from Koodo? Or even instructions on the process and links to download site(s) would help. Thanks in advance.
icon

Best answer by Philosoraptor 18 January 2019, 16:47

Please note that your phone, based on its age and model will likely not get any further software updates. You may wish to consider upgrading sooner rather than later as a lot of apps require Android 5 or newer. However, if the phone still fits your needs, then you can wait a bit longer.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
hi,

Can you check if the phone can update itself? Normally if there is any new firmware, there would be a notification.

In the sammobile website 4.4.2 is the latest one. https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-avant/SM-G386W/ . I am wondering if Samsung ever released 5.0 to that device at all.
Thanks for your reply. It does not appear they released any 5.0 upgrade. 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Please note that your phone, based on its age and model will likely not get any further software updates. You may wish to consider upgrading sooner rather than later as a lot of apps require Android 5 or newer. However, if the phone still fits your needs, then you can wait a bit longer.