Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Disable service during travel?

Hi.

I am going to travel to Europe for a couple of weeks. I have another phone with their local SIM and am going to use it there instead of my Koodo phone. Is there any chance to disable the service for the period of my travel to not pay for what I will not use anyway?

I am a monthly customer.

Thanks.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Unfortunately no, there is no way to do this if you're only traveling for a few weeks. You'll have to pay your regular rate. If you were leaving for at least a month, the options would be to put your plan on a seasonal hold for a max of 6 months or even port out to a prepaid provider that can hold the # with a cheap rate for several months.
Jonathan I wrote:

Unfortunately no, there is no way to do this if you're only traveling for a few weeks. You'll hav...

Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I believe you can change plans on self-serve once per billing cycle (which happens to be every 30 days). But if your seasonal hold can happen a few days before your billing cycle is up, you can hold and then re-instate from a choice of current plans available any time after the next billing cycle starts.

There is no guarantee that your old plan will be available, however.

By the time you figure in the pro-rata charges of x days on old plan, y-days on seasonal hold and z-days on new plan (which may have a different price), the whole exercise is probably not worthwhile at all for such a short period.

http://help.koodomobile.com/self-serve/using-self-serve/what-can-i-do-in-self-serve