Koodo Community

Community

Direct carrier billing

Offering direct carrier billing payment option in Google play for people on contract

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Spencer.

Why would you prefer that payment option?
No access to credit card and no store within distance to purchase a Google play store card, direct carrier billing would solve that issue
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Spencer Macdonald wrote:

No access to credit card and no store within distance to purchase a Google play store card, direc...

You can add money to a prepaid credit card or even a visa debit. Many ways around it without a credit card
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You know you can pay via your bank account, do you?
Yes, and it would be my payment method if I had the funds currently avaliable the funds would be there for the time the bill is due so direct carrier billing would be a great option
Userlevel 7
Spencer Macdonald wrote:

Yes, and it would be my payment method if I had the funds currently avaliable the funds would be ...

The issue I find with direct carrier billing is that lots of people would loose track of their purchases, and when the bill comes in at the end of the month they would be shocked by it. Koodo has been a carrier always trying to eliminate the shock or surprise on their bills, which would counter what the whole company is moving towards as a brand. There are plenty of other methods to pay for purchases in the play store, as Robert mentioned, paying with a bank account seems like the best option for you, if you don't have the funds available to you right now, it's better off to wait until the funds are available!
Spencer Macdonald wrote:

Yes, and it would be my payment method if I had the funds currently avaliable the funds would be ...

I'm not sure if it's Google or the carrier but there is a cap of $25 with direct carrier billing for a monthly period to avoid shock of a lager bill
Userlevel 7
I'm with Spencer on this one; I have used this feature with both Telus and Rogers and it's nice not having to pay upfront for smaller items/microtransactions in some of the games.