Koodo Community

Community

Solved

did update and now i can't swipe to open phone and then put in pin what can i do

i can't swipe so i can't put in code

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What phone do you have? If it has a removable battery while the device is on try removing the battery for a minute or so then replace it and try the phone again.
Userlevel 5
Hey Jennifer! Are you still having difficulties with swiping your phone? Let us know!
Nexus 5, didn't work
Userlevel 5
Thank you for reaching back to us! It looks like your touch screen may be jammed. Since removing the battery and restarting the device didn't fix the situation, your only option at this point is to do a factory reset. Please follow these steps to do so:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up and the Volume Down and Power keys at the same time for about 10 seconds; an image of an Android lying on its back will appear.
  3. Press the Volume Down key twice until "Recovery mode" appears on the screen.
  4. Press the Power key to restart in "Recovery mode"; an image of an Android with a red triangle will appear.
  5. While holding down the Power key, tap the Volume Up key.
  6. The Android System Recovery screen will appear. Release all keys.
  7. Use the Volume keys to scroll to wipe data/factory reset and press the Power key to select.
  8. Use the Volume keys to scroll down to Yes - erase all user data and press the Power key to select.
  9. Use the Volume keys to scroll down to reboot system now and press the Power key to select.
  10. The phone will restart.
Please note that by doing a factory reset, all the information stored on your device will be erased. Keep us posted 🙂