Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Did Koodo charge me more?!

This is really annoying but I do believe Koodo charged me wrongly. I am a Koodo customer since May, 22nd, and I got the $35 (no data) plus $2 international LD savor for my monthly plan, which is totally $37 per month. However, today when I happened to log into my online self serve, I found the info as attached below, am I going to be charged $52.77???!!! although the bill is not posted yet. As I had only 6 days for my previous bill cycle (from May 22nd to May 28th), which should be charged around $7 if I am correct, and plus the next one (30 days starting from today May 29th) it should be 7 + 37 = $42 approximately. So how comes $52.77???? I knew I made two international calls to China but it cost 5 cents/min for which I called 30 mins at most in total, that should be around $1.5. The most terrible part as captured in the screenshot saying $52.77 is "charges since my last bill", and on your website "charges since my last bill" means "any usage exceeding what is included in my plan, such as long distance, data and roaming charges".......does this mean I do NOT even have a plan???? otherwise why the exceeding part is $52.77? I dare not use my cellphone anymore.... Please let me know as soon as possible, thank you!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Based on experience I would say that the charges are probably correct based on what is actually setup on the account. What may have happened is that the plan might have been set up differently that it was supposed to be. Your best bet is to call customer service and ask why the bill is so high. They can explain, and can quite possibly give you a break on the charges since you are a new customer. They may even be able to fix the issue entirely if you are on the wrong plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Its counts 7 days from May 22nd to May 28th (22nd is the first day of this cycle). $37 per month / 31days x 7days=$8.33 $8.33 + $ 1.5 = 9.83 $9.83 + $35 +$2 = $46.83 $46.83 x 1.13(13% tax) = $52.91 This is just my calculation so you can call Koodo to confirm it. They will happy to explain to you, and if there was some mistake they can fix it too. 😛
Userlevel 6
Mayumi wrote:

Its counts 7 days from May 22nd to May 28th (22nd is the first day of this cycle). $37 per month...

You laid it out perfectly Ken!
Thank you guys for your reply. I called the customer service this morning, but they told me as my bill is not posted yet they could not do anything at this moment and I was suggested to call them later next month when my bill is due so they can fix issues for me if there are any. @ Ken, thank you for your comment, your calculation is reasonable, appeared to me I forgot to take the taxes into account. Anyway I will keep an eye on my bill until it is due so that the customer service can have more info on it.
Userlevel 4
Terry Deng wrote:

Thank you guys for your reply. I called the customer service this morning, but they told me as my...

Since your bill date seems the be the 28th, you should be able to view the details usually 3 business days after the bill date. My guess would be Monday the latest.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Terry Deng wrote:

Thank you guys for your reply. I called the customer service this morning, but they told me as my...

You are welcome,Yimin.  Your reply made me happy! (^_^) And yes, it is important to keep an eye on the bills (any bills). I always do. 😛