Koodo Community

Community

Deleting text messages

Today after my phone died and I plugged it in a message appeared saying that my phone storage was low and i needed to delete some text messages to receive the ones that were currently coming in. I do not know what kind of phone it is but it's an android operating system. I have tried deleting messages in the application and i also tried deleting its storage/memory through the managing applications settings. I have also turned my phone on and off. The messages are still not going away and I cannot send or receive texts messages

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Which phone is it? How are you deleting the messages? Have you tried to clear the App Data from the Messaging App? Settings--> Applications--> Manage--> All--> Messaging--> Clear Data If you want to back them up, try an App like "SMS Backup+" from the Play Store then delete them & restore them--> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zegoggles.smssync Have you tried to clear the cache using an App like "History Eraser"--> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.infolife.eraser
Badge +4
To find the model number of your phone, go to Settings - scroll to the bottom of the Settings page and tap About device. Your phones' model number will appear under the heading Legal information.
how do i delete my sms history FORVER. even though if I trie to back up the sms history, is it gonna show up? I do not want that! I just want to delete sms history from phone and SD card ..how do I do that plz help me!!! I tried to go to messages> app info> and clear data> and clear cach> is it gonne for ever? or do I have to use an app " history eraser"
Userlevel 2
NoDiRa BeGiM wrote:

how do i delete my sms history FORVER. even though if I trie to back up the sms history, is it go...

Just go into your sms app, press & hold on the conversation and look for the delete option. But it's not like you have anything to hide 🙂.
NoDiRa BeGiM wrote:

how do i delete my sms history FORVER. even though if I trie to back up the sms history, is it go...

thank you I am just hidding my conversation between me and my boyfriend if my parents will know about it they will punish me . tha's why i am scared.
Userlevel 6
NoDiRa BeGiM wrote:

There are Apps you can use to set certain conversations as "Private". I think Handcent has that--> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.handcent.nextsms
Userlevel 2
NoDiRa BeGiM wrote:

Go sms pro also has that, as well as making a contact a private conversation.
NoDiRa BeGiM wrote:

thank you, i appreciate your help 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Anyone else starting to wonder if NoDiRa is trying to cover up something illegal?
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Anyone else starting to wonder if NoDiRa is trying to cover up something illegal?

I am just hidding my conversation between me and my boyfriend if my parents will know about it they will punish me . tha's why i am scared.
Userlevel 2
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

As you delete the conversation on the phone, it'll remain gone.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

thank you sooooooooooo much I did that but I was sooo scared that they could find it.. God bless you! I love you! 10X 🙂
Userlevel 2
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Hey hey hey, save that love for your boyfriend, I'm engaged, lol.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

oops!