Koodo Community

Community

Solved

deleting downloads

I need to delete files that are not apps.How do I do that? I have a Samsung Galaxy lll.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Jackies,

In your apps, there should be one called "My Files". From that app you can go to the devices internal and external storage. Downloaded files usually go in the "Downloads" folder, so open that and from there you can select some files to move, share, delete, etc.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Look in Apps to see something called similar to My Files. Navigate thru the choices: Native Storage or SD Card (if you have one installed) Each time you tap on a folder, it will show you the contents. Tap on the open check box to the left of the file name then tap on the Trash icon at the top of the screen to delete. You also have the option of renaming and moving files by tapping on the hamburger icon at the top right. If this is your first go at this, pick a photo you no longer need and then practice renaming it, moving it, etc. before deleting it. You will then get the feel of how it works. Once you've done it a few times, it becomes almost automatic. Happy hunting.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Look in Apps to see something called similar to My Files. Navigate thru the choices: Native St...

Some devices such as the Galaxy S6 you have to tap and hold the file you want to delete and then the option to delete will pop up as well as check boxes.
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Look in Apps to see something called similar to My Files. Navigate thru the choices: Native St...

Get File Manager app lots in the store help u delete anything in u phone
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Thanks