Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Dead Pixel HELP!

I just got a samsung galaxy s5 last month and suddenly I see something called a "dead pixel" on the screen. Does anybody know if samsung's 1 year warranty covers this? thanks!

8 replies

In my experience it depends on the size of the pixel. I had this issue with my Note 2 and was told it was large enough to fix. A few weeks later I had the same pixel become worse and they fixed it right away. I would suggest bringing it to Koodo and asking a rep there.
Justin OBrien wrote:

In my experience it depends on the size of the pixel. I had this issue with my Note 2 and was tol...

How long does it take to fix?
Justin OBrien wrote:

In my experience it depends on the size of the pixel. I had this issue with my Note 2 and was tol...

thank you, btw.
Justin OBrien wrote:

and i will probably need a receipt when talking to a Koodo rep, right?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Justin OBrien wrote:

Yeah always better to have the receipt. And the repair might take some time. I'd say 2-3 weeks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As long as there is no physical damage to it (drop or water) then samsung's warranty should cover it
Dennis wrote:

As long as there is no physical damage to it (drop or water) then samsung's warranty should cover it

thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Here's some more warranty info http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/before-you-purchase/what-is-your-warranty-and-repair-policy