Koodo Community

Community

deactivate

I deactivated one of my cell phones I have with Koodo as I no longer need it. Can I sell it to someone else to use or do i have to wait 90 days?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello there You can sell the phone whenever you want. The only thing is that koodo will not unlock it unless you were a customer for st least 90 days.
Userlevel 7
Robert wrote:

Hello there You can sell the phone whenever you want. The only thing is that koodo will not u...

If your account is no longer active, Koodo won't be able to unlock it anyway because you don't have an account they can bill the unlock fee to. bottom line the answer is yes You can sell the phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello there You can sell the phone whenever you want. The only thing is that koodo will not u...

You or the purchaser can do a third-party unlock at any time on Android devices.
Userlevel 6
Robert wrote:

You can sell the phone locked to TELUS/Koodo or unlocked. The phone is your property and you can even change it into a toaster (which would void the warranty if you got the phone less than a year ago).
For selling phones I recommend Kijiji and LetGo. Both attract similar crowds, but LetGo does protect privacy a bit better (instant messaging within the app or website rather than display your phone number).
Userlevel 7
Robert wrote:

The Kijiji app now has messaging features.