Koodo Community
Solved

data use

• 19 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Upgraded to a new samsung. Did not change anything on it. Data usage is almost to the limit. Why is that if the plan is the same as the old one. I had not problems with data use on the older samsung. Same company same plan.

icon

Best answer by nim4165 19 October 2020, 16:56

Hi @Dakotah  When you state “Data usage is almost to the limit”, is it based on your self serve account data usage or based on you cell phone usage status?. 

Your self serve account data usage is the status based on which you are measured (and billed). If you wish to align your cell data usage status with your plan, you may set (data usage) the data limit and data warnings to be in sync with your billing cycle date to serve as a ‘2nd line of defense’ and warn you when you are approaching your data limit.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What does the data use meter in your settings say about what used how much data when?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Didn’t you change plans with the new phone? 

Userlevel 7

Hi @Dakotah  When you state “Data usage is almost to the limit”, is it based on your self serve account data usage or based on you cell phone usage status?. 

Your self serve account data usage is the status based on which you are measured (and billed). If you wish to align your cell data usage status with your plan, you may set (data usage) the data limit and data warnings to be in sync with your billing cycle date to serve as a ‘2nd line of defense’ and warn you when you are approaching your data limit.

Thank you to you all . I forgot that i had to log back into my home wifi. I thought it was automatic. Lol Not completely up on this yet. Problem solved! Appreciate your answers . Stay safe but live!