Koodo Community

Community

Data usage widget for Android

I know there are a bunch of these available, but they require polling which uses more battery and are generally inaccurate unless you have them refreshing very frequently (more battery drain). If koodo implemented a data usage widget it should be able to use less battery by linking to your account and be more accurate! This would be awesome.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
I know koodo recommend using 3g watchdog which works great and the paid version allows more tweaking and rules. I didn't notice any significant battery impact. Check it out.
Userlevel 4
Chad Burr wrote:

I know koodo recommend using 3g watchdog which works great and the paid version allows more tweak...

3g watchdog has saved my bank account 🙂
Userlevel 1
Chad Burr wrote:

I know koodo recommend using 3g watchdog which works great and the paid version allows more tweak...

Another +1 for 3G watchdog
Chad Burr wrote:

I was using 3G watchdog, it wasn't 100% accurate though based on the koodo usage shows and although the battery impact might not have been significant it is just another polling service which will impact the battery. I agree 3G watchdog is great, a dedicated widget from koodo would still be awesome 🙂
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

It was asked for a while ago but it didn't seem to make it into subsequent builds. Maybe someday.
Chad Burr wrote:

You can use the Self Serve app. most Android OS using 4.0 and above will have it's own data usage tracker.
Chad Burr wrote:

I'm aware of both of those... still not a data tracking widget from koodo
Chad Burr wrote:

Well, seeing as how there are many out there and Koodo uses their Self Serve app for data tracking, I doubt you're going to get a data tracker widget.