Koodo Community

Community

Solved

data usage in self serve

Userlevel 1
how to check data usage for my line?

it show me 2 data info one is unlimited and other is 2GB.  i just started using my new line with koodo and data counter going very fast. dont understand how its calculated and how its work? i am using most of time wifi but when i check data usage its not clear that i am using form unlimited data or from my 2GB data?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The unlimited one is just for a few days so you don't get any nasty surprises. It will dissapear and the 2 GB counter will be used.

Go into your phone's settings and under update options, please check that it's set to update over WiFi only. Then, go into your Play Store options and either disable app auto-update or set it to auto-update over WiFi only.

Additionally, if you use Facebook, go into the app settings and under Autoplay, either choose off or WiFi only.

These steps will save you a lot of data.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey just to be safe, go into your google play store app, the top left will be a little 3 bar menu, click that. Then settings and choose the option that says " download ONLY over WIFI ". That will ensure your data is safe from app updates if your out of your wifi area.
Userlevel 1
thank you for your info . when i open my unlimited and 2GB counter detail show me same usage . showing me same usage. that means used my 557 data from my 2GB or from unlimited?

[b]in data usage its show me :

[b]here is my unlimited counter details:

[b]here is my 2GB counter details:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bhupi wrote:

thank you for your info . when i open my unlimited and 2GB counter detail show me same usage . sh...

The circle meter for the 2 GB counter is showing as empty. I'm not sure why it would show under details. Possibly a glitch.