Koodo Community

Community

Solved

data usage

I got my daughter a Samsung Galaxy Ace II last year for school. Recently I have noticed that there is a lot of data being used. This month alone she has used over 4400MB. She is on a 1GB plan so my over use charges are nearly $70! Now the only thing she really does is listen to music she has downloaded, had a few games and she texts. How can she use that much data??? She gets the courteously messages sent to her number. Is there anyway I can switch so that they come to me so I can keep track??? Someone please help with an answer

5 replies

Userlevel 6
If she leave her apps on after reaching her limit she will continue to incurr additional charges. An example would be if she used facebook, twitter, instagram and many other apps like that, if the app are not closed down every time her friends post something facebook will update. This uses data. Even a simple app, like the Weather Network. If left open in the background it will update every hour or so. So, long story short make sure she turns her apps off once she reaches her limit. The alert can only be sent to her, although I thought someone mentioned it that Koodo is working on that.
Userlevel 7
Kids can burn through data very easily if they don't understand how much they're using. Videos and stuff can eat it up fast. The problem with postpaid is that there's really no way to turn it off after a point. However, according to CRTC rules, they have to warn the user when they have hit $50 in overages for domestic data so there's that...
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

Kids can burn through data very easily if they don't understand how much they're using. Videos an...

They do notify you even before that....I get messages at 75% of use of my data, then again at 95% and then more after I go over.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can keep track their usage through self serve account or Koodo app. I have 2 teens and I check their usage weekly. Koodo give them messages too, but I also give them a warning if it's getting close to their limits. If they still went over it, they will pay me from their allowance 🙂 She can change some setting to update over wifi only
Userlevel 6
Mayumi wrote:

You can keep track their usage through self serve account or Koodo app. I have 2 teens and I ch...

Excellent suggestion! I forgot about that anyone can download the koodo app.