Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Data transfer between phones

Would I be able to take my old LG Optimus Black to a Koodo kiosk at a local mall and have them transfer all my data (contacts, photos, calendar, apps, etc.) to my new unlocked 32 GB LG Nexus 5 that i bought directly from Google. *Note: my Google calendar won't sync over WiFi with the rest of my Google account (I cant access it on my computer or another device)

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Hey they Braden! Yes a koodo kiosk will be able to do this for you. We have a special machine that allows us to move all pictures, sms, contacts to the new phone within in a couple of minutes 🙂
would you be able to sync my calendar too?
Userlevel 5
Since TeaBird hasn't gotten back to you I'll take my best stab at it (about 95% sure on this). No they won't be able to sync your calendar over.
Userlevel 5
Jorden wrote:

Since TeaBird hasn't gotten back to you I'll take my best stab at it (about 95% sure on this). N...

you are correct, we cant sync the calendar. if you have a gmail account it should automatically save that info in the backend and once you sign in on a new phone gives you the option to sync calendar. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jorden wrote:

Since TeaBird hasn't gotten back to you I'll take my best stab at it (about 95% sure on this). N...

That does assume, of course, that your phone is set to use google calendar instead of the phone calendar.
In order to copy old phone contacts and other data to new phone, you should use a professional [b]Phone to Phone Transfer application. This app is one of the best way to transfer all typos of data from one phone to another with ease.
I usually use Send Anywhere (download it on both phones and use WiFi to send files) or you could always use the traditional Bluetooth method of sending files.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sam Dmitruk wrote:

I usually use Send Anywhere (download it on both phones and use WiFi to send files) or you could ...

I love Send Anywhere too 🙂 It's easy and works great.