Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Data stopped working

Been with Koodo for a number of years with no problem. Switched to a OnePlus 2 this summer, still no problems, until a few days ago. All data stopped working.

Tried deleting the APN and rebooting, no go.
Tried https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/access_point_names_settings
Tried http://aide.koodomobile.com/plans-add-ons-data-and-other-services/data-on-android/How-do-I-setup-dat...

None of it worked. Still no data.

Any other suggestions?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Jeff,
If all the APN  settings were correct, I would recommend you go into self serve, under your plan details make sure a data block was not added to your account by mistake. It is unlikely, but worth a try.

Actually, I pulled my SIM and that seems to have done it. All good now, but it is odd. Maybe the SIM wasn't seated correctly...
Userlevel 7
Jeff wrote:

Actually, I pulled my SIM and that seems to have done it. All good now, but it is odd. Maybe the ...

Yeah, every now and then some issue can be caused by the SIM card. Glad to hear it is now resolved!
Turns out this isn't fixed after all. This all started with MMS not working. Well the data started but the MMS still isn't. I just didn't check MMS after the data part was fixed...

Just checked my plan and it still says "Unlimited SMS and MMS"
Userlevel 7
Jeff wrote:

Turns out this isn't fixed after all. This all started with MMS not working. Well the data starte...

So if I understand correctly, data itself works fine, but not MMS messages?
What application are you using when sending out your MMS messages? 
Jeff wrote:

Turns out this isn't fixed after all. This all started with MMS not working. Well the data starte...

Correct, data is fine but not MMS.

I've tried both Hangouts (my default) and Messenger. Same results: no MMS in or out.
Jeff wrote:

I have since also tried Textra and Evolve, same results
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's likely your device. I only say that because I'm using an OnePlus X, which runs the same OS. Sometimes, my data toggle turns off by itself and MMS sometimes works, sometimes doesn't (on multiple carriers, not just Koodo). I like the phone, but it has its quirks.
Could you point to forums showing this? I've a number of friends using the OP2 with no problems and all the searches I've end up pointing to the APN. As stated above, I've checked and reset the APN an number of times...