Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Data reset

I only have 100mb of data and I was wondering when my data are reseting. Every 1st of the month I receive a text telling me my data has been reseted but when I look into 'data' in my settings where I can see how much i've spent on the 100mb, it is showing from the ex: july 10 to august 9. So wich one am I supposed to look. Wich one do I rely on? Cause if its every 1st of the month the 'Data consumption' isnt very helpfull....

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Your phone tends to default to a chosen monthly cycle. You can change this. I don't know which android you have but it's generally pretty universal. Go into data settings and set a limit. Go with your actual limit of 100MB this will enable your ability to modify the date range. Tap on the date and then change date cycle.
Goran wrote:

Your phone tends to default to a chosen monthly cycle. You can change this. I don't know which an...

So does the data reset every 1st of the month? Or if depends on your bill?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Your phone tends to default to a chosen monthly cycle. You can change this. I don't know which an...

Data resets according to your billing cycle. Your phone data counter may not be in sync with those dates. Check your last bill in self-serve. Reset the phone counter dates to match your bill as Goren pointed out and you will be fine.

You may also be able to set your phone counter limit to a little less than your 100MBor a lower warning threshold if you want to be warned a little earlier.