Koodo Community

Community

Solved

data plan timing out

I would like to know why is it that my data will shut off almost everytime I am in the middle of using it? I couldn't even post this without it shutting off a few times, it is quite frustrating considering I have had my phone and plan for over a year and it did not always do this, but it has become a problem over the past 6 months and it seems to be getting more and more consistent with turning off!!!
icon

Best answer by Chad Burr 24 February 2014, 13:00

Your data plan doesn't time out as data is always availlable as long as you have a decent connection to the network. Next time this happens check your signal bars and see if the data indicator (3g, H, H+, 4G, LTE) cuts in and out. You may have an issue with your phones antenna or a problem with your sim card or the general area your in may have a tower issue. If you have another Koodo phone (or unlocked compatible phone) try your sim in that one and see if you still have the issue. You should also give koodo tech support a call (it's free) so they can do some trouble shooting. There may be an issue with the network in your area.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Your data plan doesn't time out as data is always availlable as long as you have a decent connection to the network. Next time this happens check your signal bars and see if the data indicator (3g, H, H+, 4G, LTE) cuts in and out. You may have an issue with your phones antenna or a problem with your sim card or the general area your in may have a tower issue. If you have another Koodo phone (or unlocked compatible phone) try your sim in that one and see if you still have the issue. You should also give koodo tech support a call (it's free) so they can do some trouble shooting. There may be an issue with the network in your area.