Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Data not working on g4 just switched from telus please help

Please i just switched over three days ago and my data is t working still my phone is a lg g4

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is the rest working, Christian? Did you check the APN settings? http://aide.koodomobile.com/plans-add-ons-data-and-other-services/data-on-android/How-do-I-setup-dat...

Please remember to reboot your phone after you make any edits 🙂
Hey i did check that it seems to ve in order exept i cant change the apn type and yes everything but data is working
Any other suggestions?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Christian Peters wrote:

Any other suggestions?

Can you add a new APN entry? Usually that does the trick...
Christian Peters wrote:

Any other suggestions?

Still isnt working
Christian Peters wrote:

Any other suggestions?

I tried but it keeps saying offline
Christian Peters wrote:

Any other suggestions?

Christian Peters wrote:

Any other suggestions?

Badge +4
Christian Peters wrote:

Any other suggestions?

Under APN type, remove default, mms, supl and place an asterisk there or leave that area blank and see if that works. Don't forget to save your settings whenever you edit the APN. Tap three dots (menu) and select Save.
Christian Peters wrote:

Any other suggestions?

Still dosnt work any other suggestions?
Badge +4
Christian Peters wrote:

Any other suggestions?

Is data enabled? Are you able to create a new APN or does it revert back to your screenshot?
Christian Peters wrote:

Any other suggestions?

Yes it is it is really frustrating
Christian Peters wrote:

Any other suggestions?

Badge +4
Christian Peters wrote:

Any other suggestions?

Are you able to create and save the new APN or does it revert back to your screenshot? Is there a data block on your account by chance? You won't be able to check through self serve tonight, the system is undergoing maintenance until tomorrow at 8:00 a.m.
Christian Peters wrote:

Any other suggestions?

I can create a new one i did when i reset the apn stuff and i dont have a data block
Badge +4
Christian Peters wrote:

Any other suggestions?

I noticed signal strength is low with only one bar. Try switching network modes. Settings > Networks > More > Mobile networks > Network mode. Select 'GSM/WCDMA auto' or 'WCDMA only', (if the selection is available), to enable 3G. This should improve signal strength and may allow you to use 3G data for now.
Userlevel 3
Hey Christian! 

Any luck getting your data to work? Let us know :) 
Julie wrote:

Hey Christian! 

Still no luck
Badge +4
Julie wrote:

Hey Christian! 

To reset the APN settings as originally supplied on the SIM card, go to Settings > More > Mobile networks > Access point names > Menu (three dots in upper right hand corner of screen) and select Reset to default. If the phone is running Android Marshmallow, you can reset network settings by going to: Settings > Backup & reset > Network settings reset - tap Reset Settings. This will reset all network settings including: Wi-Fi, cellular data and Bluetooth. If none of the above works, take your LG G4 to the nearest Koodo kiosk. It's possible we could have missed a setting that may have been inadvertently set or you may have a defective SIM card. Keep us posted.
Userlevel 5
Hey Christian,

Still experiencing issues?

Please let us know.

Thanks