Koodo Community

Community

Solved

data not working

I have used my prepaid card for half month, but the data stops working for recent 3 days. i only used less than 20% of data in my plan, and my phone's data service is on, but keeps telling me network is not available, what should i do?

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Have you tried restarting your device? Under settings...data useage. Make sure Data is on and NO limit is set.
Chad Burr wrote:

Have you tried restarting your device? Under settings...data useage. Make sure Data is on a...

yes, i tried restarting several times, i also pulled out the sim. what i also tried is i changed APN back and forth. I also switched data mode between global mode and other modes. data is always on. i have 1 GB a month in my plan, only used less than 200 MB so far, the limit I set on my phone is 1 GB
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Have you tried restarting your device? Under settings...data useage. Make sure Data is on a...

What does it tell you in Self Serve under data usage?
Userlevel 4
Chad Burr wrote:

Hi Chris,  you mentioned changing the APN back and forth. Could you share your current APN settings with us?
Chad Burr wrote:

Name: Koodo, APN: sp.koodo.com, Proxy: 74.49.0.18, Port: 80, Username: blank, Password: blank, Server: blank, MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/koodo/mmsc, Multimedia message proxy: 74.49.0.18, Multimedia message port: 80, MCC: 302, MNC: 220, Authentication type: blank. The other APN I switch to is just to leave Proxy and Port blank as well according to FAQ on Koodo website.
Userlevel 4
Chad Burr wrote:

What do you have under APN Type?
Chad Burr wrote:

sorry I left that out, APN Type: blank, APN protocol: IPv4, APN roaming protocol: IPv4, Bearer: unspecified, Mobile virtual network operator type: none
Userlevel 4
Chad Burr wrote:

can you try to set APN type to: default,supl,mms
Chad Burr wrote:

just tried it and restarted, unfortunately it's not working
Userlevel 4
Chad Burr wrote:

what device are you using Chris?
Chad Burr wrote:

I'm using a Samsung Note 3. It has a Verizon mark on it, but it works well with the other sim cards when I was in China, Germany and Canada until now. I'm not sure if it is network or phone problem.
Userlevel 4
Chad Burr wrote:

when you go to Settings - Mobile Network - Network mode, what do you have selected there?
Chad Burr wrote:

there are three options: Global, LET/CDMA, and GSM/UMTS. I have selected Global mode.
Userlevel 4
Chad Burr wrote:

ok, can you try GSM/UMTS ? Also, I just checked on a Samsung phone I have, and the APN type shows as Internet + MMS. Can you also try that?
Chad Burr wrote:

thanks Levis, but it's still not working...
Userlevel 4
Chad Burr wrote:

I just refreshed the provisioning on your account, can you put Network mode back to Global and power off/on. If still not working, try do delete your APN and recreate it one last time (leave the first proxy/port blank). If all of this fail, I would recommend to restore device to factory settings.
Userlevel 4
Chad Burr wrote:

actually, there's something odd in your account configuration. Please allow me some time to investigate.
Chad Burr wrote:

thanks for your efforts!
Userlevel 4
Chad Burr wrote:

Hi Chris, can you power off/on. You should be good to go now!
Chad Burr wrote:

Hello Levis, highly appreciated! I re-established the APN once and restarted the phone, data is working now! thank you very much, have a nice day!
Userlevel 4
Chad Burr wrote:

Glad to hear it Chris, have a good one too!
Userlevel 7
Please visit this website and check your imei against the blacklist http://www.protectyourdata.ca
Chad Burr wrote:

Please visit this website and check your imei against the blacklist http://www.protectyourdat...

Thanks, Chad, just checked and it's not on the list