Koodo Community

Community

Question

Data management

If I add the data block feature to my daughter's phone can I manually turn the data on and off at anytime through the account? For example, turn it off while she's babysitting but the next day turn it back on for a long car trip and then turn it off again for school

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You could do it with the phone, no need to have the "block feature" from the plan. I believe both iOS and Android have options allowing you to turn on/off cellular data.

The Nuances of going into selfserve and turn on/off data block might not be worth the benefits.
You just have to pull down your top menu like how you get your flashlight or your check for Wi-Fi and there's a button on the two arrows and you flip it off now it's going to be a trust issue then because like if she's not stupid then she's not going to have a hard time figuring that out either so that being said good luck because I tried that with my daughter and had several 3 or $500 freaking cell phone bills and yeah girls are going to be girls and if she's babysitting guarantee she's talking to some boys kids go to sleep and I'm just kidding I'm just filling your head with nonsense but yeah I know it's very very true you can just pull it down and just tell her once your job is done you get an extra few minutes give a reward system to write make it something that will work with you for good luck
Userlevel 6
Lisa A Roberts wrote:

You just have to pull down your top menu like how you get your flashlight or your check for Wi-Fi...

You just have to pull down your top menu [...]

@Lisa A Roberts Please avoid run-on sentances. The lack of punctuation makes your comment very difficult to read.
@Robert Allain to answer your question...my understanding is that you should be able to add or remove the data block add-on feature in self-serve any time. Not sure whether self-serve will let you toggle it more than one per billing cycle, but if it doesn't, then a quick call explaining the situation to customer service should do the trick and waive any fee associated with them making the change for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lisa A Roberts wrote:

You just have to pull down your top menu like how you get your flashlight or your check for Wi-Fi...

I don't believe the data block is that fine a tool, but is meant to prevent data use on an ongoing basis.