Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Data Issue for Receiving Picture Messages

Hey there 🙂 I have a quick question. I bought a Google Nexus 4 about two weeks ago and everything has been going smoothly, except for yesterday. My friend tried to send me a picture message and the notification would pop up at the top of the phone but when I would tap it, it would just disappear. Then I would go to the actual message thread and nothing would be there, only the last text message he sent. I Googled the problem and did everything with the APN so it's just a Koodo APN now, but then I read somewhere that data has to be on to send/receive picture messages. Now here's my real question, how do I get the picture to come up on my phone? Does data ALWAYS have to be on in order to receive them? Or can I turn data on when I see that I got a picture message and then see the actual picture? Thanks in advance!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Data needs to be on by the time the person hits send on that picture message. You will not receive picture messages that were sent while you had data off
My wife is having a similar issue with the same phone. She is using juice defender and it seems to be disabling data but not reenabling. I think it's because she spends most of time at home on Wi-Fi. She still receives SMS messages fine though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mike Sweet wrote:

My wife is having a similar issue with the same phone. She is using juice defender and it seems t...

MMS(picture messaging) requires cellular data. MMS will not work through wifi
Userlevel 7
The case? A case cant disables a phones data. If anything, the case would just interrupt the possible data connection
Hello, I have the same problem with my 3 week old Nexus 4 and my data is on. A warning (message box with exclamation point) image comes up saying "Message not downloaded: Touch to review the message and try again". When I touch to review the message a blank message comes up. This is very frustrating as it never happened with my 4 year old Blackberry... Any help with this would be great.
Userlevel 5
Kate Bell wrote:

Hello, I have the same problem with my 3 week old Nexus 4 and my data is on. A warning (messag...

Did you get a new plan when you got your Nexus/what plan are you on currently.
Kate Bell wrote:

Hello, I have the same problem with my 3 week old Nexus 4 and my data is on. A warning (messag...

Yes, I got the $44 a month plan. The warning image and message are now gone from my phone, but I still didn't receive the picture/video text that was sent yesterday.