Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Data charges

Data charged while setting up new phone. Unable to turn data off until setup complete. Can this be reversed?

8 replies

Userlevel 6
What phone are you setting up? If it is Android based, the first thing it does during setup (before doing ANYTHING) is ask to connect to WiFi..... Same goes for iPhone I believe.
Techjunkie wrote:

What phone are you setting up? If it is Android based, the first thing it does during setup (befo...

Setting up an LG G4. The tech started setup in the store but it was close to closing time so I offered to complete the setup myself.
Userlevel 6
Techjunkie wrote:

What phone are you setting up? If it is Android based, the first thing it does during setup (befo...

I had a G4 for a while. Great phone. It's miles better than the horrid G5 that replaced it.
Techjunkie wrote:

Thanks, good to know!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just remove your SIM card and te problem will be solved 
Thanks, I'm not very tech savvy. I usually just keep my data turned off and only turn it on for a moment in wifi areas.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Removing the SIM card during set-up will prevent that. If you just opened your account, you might get a 10 days free data to prevent such things.
I don't have data on my plan so no freebies....but next time I think I'll stay at the store until the entire set up is complete!! Thanks so much for your help ☺️