Koodo Community
Question

Data Block w/ pic msg

• 9 August 2019
  • 4 replies

If I get Data Block w/ pic MSG, what settings do I need to select to make it work? Can I leave mobile data ON without being charged (presumably because data is blocked)?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes just turn on data and leave it on and the only data that will be able to go through is mms picture and video. Everythi ng is done at Koodo end blocking
Okay, but my data usage graph goes up each time I send or receive an MMS. Does this matter?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Okay, but my data usage graph goes up each time I send or receive an MMS. Does this matter?
No, koodo doesnt count MMS towards data usage. As well the phone usage chart isnt the most accurate. If you have the block, then you're good!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Okay, but my data usage graph goes up each time I send or receive an MMS. Does this matter?No, koodo doesnt count MMS towards data usage. As well the phone usage chart isnt the most accurate. If you have the block, then you're good!

Inaccuracies in the phone data usage tracker are mostly due to the fact that the phone counts ALL data, while koodo doesn't. (accessing the Koodo website and sending/recieving MMS, for example, are zero rated).