Koodo Community

Community

Solved

data a la carte

I have a plan with no data but would like to have data available when traveling within Canada. is there a way to use data a la carte my modifying settings? I don't need data except on my trip

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There is no add on for data, so you just need to pay-per use rate.
Make sure you remove your data block if you have it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Make sure you remove your data...

With the deals currently offered, it might be worth pumping up your plan for a month or so to include data. Overage rates are a little stiff compared to planning ahead.
Mayumi wrote:

I didn't think Koodo was receptive to changing a plan for a month, I thought you had to sign up for a longer period.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

You can change your plan on-line at no charge once per billing cycle. That's one of the perks of being with Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Do make sure that you take your billing cycle into account when switching plans as probation happens when you do it mid-cycle. If you don't have unlimited minutes, your monthly limit gets divided by 30 and then multiplied by how many days that plan was active before you switched. If you used more minutes than this by that day, you will get charged an overage for the minutes. You will be credited a portion of your monthly plan (plan cost divided by 30, multiplied by unused days). The same will happen for your new plan / limits for the remainder of your billing cycle.