Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Damaged phone

last night my phone went haywire and started showing the Samsung logo and it was streaked through with orange and black lines and I'm trying to figure out what to do to fix it, battery/phone still work the screen looks like its off now all the time and its not. I don't know what to do about it. I still have the tab to pay off someone said to go a store and see if I could get it replaced but its got some cracks on it from a little while back and I was just wondering if possibly ordering a new screen online might help or if I should just try and go into the store and see if I can get it replaced?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Alyssa,

Have you tried to pull out the battery for a few minutes and putting it back in? That sometimes will fix these types of issues. If you want to send your phone to get repaired, you can do that as well, however it will most likely cost you do to so. Now, you can send it and get the quote and decide what you want to do. If the quote is more expensive than the value of your tab, just decline the repairs, they send the phone back and you pay off the tab and can pick out a new phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you've had the phone for over a year, then it wouldn't be covered under warranty in any case. If that's the case, I'd advise you to check out a reputable local phone repair shop and see how much it'd cost to repair, then make a decision regarding whether it's worthwhile or not.