Koodo Community

Community

Cyber Monday Bonus Data Not Applied to New Plan

I've tried switching plans, but I'm having a problem. I had $57 a month 2 gigs unlimited calling. The new plan advertised for Cyber Monday is $55 a month 1 gig 500 mins, with a bonus 2 gigs. However, as I was switching plans the option never came up to add the bonus 2 gigs add-on, and now I'm stuck with this 1 gig plan. How do I fix this? I'm not paying the same amount of money for 1 gig less than what I already had.

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The 2GB bonus was only for new or renewing (buying a new device) customers. You can try contacting Koodo to try and get your old plan back but I don't even know if they can give you an old promo plan back. Definitely no guarantees.
This is extremely misleading. I've been a Koodo customer for years so I'm not happy with the way the website auto-confirmed my switch. I didn't realize it was for new and renewing customers, which is on me. However the website said I could add the add-on during checkout. I wasn't given a checkout screen; instead, after I agreed that I wouldn't get my old plan back if I switched (and this was step TWO of three), it said my plan was switched to this new one. If I can't switch back then I'm going to have to switch providers because paying the same amount of money for half the data is ridiculous.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mike LeMoine wrote:

This is extremely misleading. I've been a Koodo customer for years so I'm not happy with the way ...

Hey Mike - sounds like you switched your plan in Self Serve, in which case you wouldn't have gone through the checkout process. The checkout only applies when your purchasing a phone or adding a line through the store section of the site.

Shoot us a private message on Facebook, where we can validate you as the account owner, and help look into this for you.
Mike LeMoine wrote:

This is extremely misleading. I've been a Koodo customer for years so I'm not happy with the way ...

Okay, I'll send a private message on Facebook. Thanks, Ranjan.
Mike LeMoine wrote:

Still awaiting a response from Koodo...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mike LeMoine wrote:

Hey Mike - we typically reply within a few hours when open, but given the higher than normal volumes from our Bright Friday/Cyber Monday sales, it's taking a bit longer to get through the queue. Rest assured, we will get back to you today.
Mike LeMoine wrote:

Thanks so much.
Mike LeMoine wrote:

Koodo responded on Facebook and changed my plan back to my old one with no issues. Great service!
I am (trying to become) a new customer and signed up for a new plan online with bring your own phone, which was offering similar deal - bonus data.  No where in the checkout process did their system provide me with the option to "select" this bonus.  The workflow of the site is poorly designed and misleading to both new and existing customers, IMHO. Not sure I will even activate the SIM card when I receive it, poor deal!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Shawn wrote:

I am (trying to become) a new customer and signed up for a new plan online with bring your own ph...

Hey Shawn - you noted that you went through the process multiple times in another thread, and I indeed see a few 'tentative' accounts pending (which will get resolved once the order is processed).
Not sure why the option didn't show as Allan pointed out in the other thread, but I'll flag this with our web store tam to make sure the bonus data is added while completing your order. 
Shawn wrote:

I am (trying to become) a new customer and signed up for a new plan online with bring your own ph...

I'm having same issue. I bought a new phone and chose to keep the $49 plan, but I wasn't prompted to add on the additional 2GB for 24 months. I've been on hold for 52 minutes to discuss this issue.
Userlevel 5
The offer is EXTREMELY badly worded.  I wasn't even sure if the 2 gig bonus was a lump sum of data  good for 2 yrs or 2 gig per month for two years.  It doesn't SAY per month.  

The offer's footnote reads:  " Bonus data and $10 bill credit are available with [i]new activations and r[i]enewals [b]only [b]on select in-market plans."  Surely this means that if you renew your account by selecting a different plan -- for example, give up a grandfathered plan -- you qualify for the bonus data, provided you move to a select in-market plan..  The word "renewal" does not mean "buy a new phone on a tab". 

All in all, this offer is a slap in the face for loyal customers who  are happy with their current phones and figured at least one cyber special would be open to them without having to buy a new phone.   I agree  with Mike that the offer is misleading.  Koodo should make this wrong right.
It says to add the bonus data add-on during checkout, but no option to do so.  Very frustrating.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Cale Fisher wrote:

It says to add the bonus data add-on during checkout, but no option to do so.  Very frustrat...

Which plan are you trying to get the add on with? Are you also upgrading your phone?
Cale Fisher wrote:

It says to add the bonus data add-on during checkout, but no option to do so.  Very frustrat...

I'm attempting to sign up as a new customer on a bring your own phone plan for the $55 1+2GB plan
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Cale Fisher wrote:

If this is the case, we have been told that the bonus data will be manually added by the team that handles webstore activations to BYOD that qualify.
Hi There,
I'm having this issue as well. Yesterday, I upgraded my phone to the S8, and upgraded my plan to tab large in the process. I was under the impression that I should be receiveing 2GB extra on top of my base plan. I don't see that implemented anywhere. I sent a message on Facebook yesterday around noon, but I haven't heard anything back yet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Emma Hurst wrote:

Hi There,
I'm having this issue as well. Yesterday, I upgraded my phone to the S8, and upgraded m...

Hi Emma - I just verified that the order was placed as you noted above, and do see the 2GB bonus add-on, on your account. When you ge ta chance, can you check Self Serve again to see if it shows?
Emma Hurst wrote:

Hi There,
I'm having this issue as well. Yesterday, I upgraded my phone to the S8, and upgraded m...

It's there. Thank you so much for fixing it for me.
Emma Hurst wrote:

Hi There,

Hi I'm having the same issue- I ordered a new plan on cyber Monday and don't see the extra 2gb in my account. I have $85 a month
Emma Hurst wrote:

Hi There,

To get my issue resolved (bonus data not added when it should have been during the order process), I sent email to Koodo putting my concerns in writing, then followed up with a phone call. Bonus data did get added eventually , and Koodo apologized for their systems/web site glitches.
Userlevel 6
Emma Hurst wrote:

Hi There,

Thanks Shawn for sharing