Koodo Community
Question

Customer service lied to us twice! Why?! (Harrasment, Lies, Bad service)

Customer service lied to us twice! Why?! My phone was stolen so i called koodo and the man over the phone said that he'll give us $150 credit and put the tab balance to zero. He said that go get the phone it will be free. So we went to get the phone and didnt have to pay for anything; but later we found out that the phone was faulty ( the speakers would drop in and out of service) so i was about to get it fixed and accidentally it dropped and the screen was broken. So i called koodo and they told me that we had to pay for the phone which already was covered in the credit and also the earlier rep. said that this phone was completely free. So i discussed that issue over the phone and some assistance as to what can be done with this phone. The man over the phone said that go bring the phone in to the koodo counter and send it in for repair and you will get a loaner phone all of it free of cost. I asked at least 5 times more to make sure that this all was going to be free of cost, to which he replied absolutely free of cost. But when i went there, the koodo employee said that it is going to charge us. I came home and called koodo again and now the person who i talked to earlier denies it being free. So i've been made a fraud of twice. In the end my concern is that we've been lied to twice over the phone by offical koodo reps. Also the harassment we've faced over this issue and i would like justice as to why koodo not stay true to its words. I've been with this company for over a handful years and truly this much harassment and bad service i have never witnessed in my life before. So i would like this issue resolved asap since i've been treated so very poorly already.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So you owed $150 to koodo for your first phone on the tab. Since your phone was stolen, koodo agreed to forgive the $150 you owed on that phone and give you another $150 to put towards a new phone, bringing their total investment so far to $300. You dropped that phone, which, accidental or not, voided the warranty and Koodo refused to clear the tab balance again. You then brought the physically damaged, out of warranty phone to koodo for repair and they told you, correctly, that you will be charged for repairing a physically damaged phone since physical damage is not covered by the warranty. The loaner phone would still have been free. Sounds to me like Koodo has been more than fair with you so far.
Userlevel 6
So you owed $150 to koodo for your first phone on the tab. Since your phone was stolen, koodo ag...Although I don't like when bad things happen to people, I gotta agree with Timo here. Forfeiting $150 the first time is nice enough in itself. I don't remember many companies crediting me $150 out of thin air just like that! Also, the list of "tagged words" leaves a bad impression, but not about Koodo...
So you owed $150 to koodo for your first phone on the tab. Since your phone was stolen, koodo ag...But when i talked with the koodo rep, he never mentioned anything like this. He waved off the earlier tab and gave me a $150 credit and said that i can get a phone as long as it does not exceed 150 it will be free. Also over the phone another koodo rep ( who was very aware of what happened to the phone) said to bring in to the koodo store and they will repair it for free and meanwhile the loaner phone also will be free ( like you said) I really appreciated the service that i got but then as i went there they said that i will have to pay but over the phone the rep said that i wouldnt have to pay anything at all. I asked him repeatedly to make sure. One more thing, I just checked my tab balance, it is zero. So can i close this account?
Userlevel 6
In situations like this, the community (remember, we're users just like you!) can't do much. You are much better off talking with Koodo over the phone. I feel like you know their number already so I probably don't need to post it. Such events are sad, that's for sure, but we can't do much here on the forums. We can answer questions on how to operate your device or things like that, but this is something else. Really, pick up your phone and discuss with them. It's the only logical thing to do right now Shane.
In situations like this, the community (remember, we're users just like you!) can't do much. You...Sorry, yes we are all koodo users and this is why i like this type of response and community. This event was sad for sure, I have been running around all day worrying and calling koodo. I called them twice today and did discuss this. In the end they said that i would have to pay for this phone (which was already paid for in the credit that i got) which i didnt understand since the earlier rep said that it was free. So right now im not even sure what i am being charged for. Since the later rep said that the repairs were going to be free. I would greatly appreciate any guidance or tips. Thank you so much for replying and taking the time to help me. So i just checked my tab balance it is zero so i should be able to close the account for free right? since all of the phones are paid for. It is really sad to see koodo charge for hidden fees and such.
Userlevel 6
In situations like this, the community (remember, we're users just like you!) can't do much. You...Well Shane, I know it's probably not what you want to hear, but Timo's post pretty much sums the situation very well. Koodo's been [i]very fair to you by forfeiting your first Tab. That's basically them throwing $150 at you without any form of compensation. The events that occured after are bad luck, yes, but Koodo can't be reasonably held responsible for everyone's bad omen. The phone you broke, Koodo doesn't exactly want you to pay for it, it's just that you have a -$150 Tab on it, it's that 2nd Tab they want money for, understandbly so. If they forfeited your first Tab AND gave you a 2nd phone without any Tab, that'd be like giving you TWO free phones... Can we agree it doesn't make sense? No phone company would do that. They cleared your initial tab in order to let you have a new Tab for the 2nd phone. You broke the 2nd phone. You still owe Tab for 2nd phone. I'm very sorry you have to go through this, but in this situation, Koodo has been very accomodating money-wise Shane.
In situations like this, the community (remember, we're users just like you!) can't do much. You...*Sigh* true true, but im just really disappointed because of what the repair cost might be. But thank you so much for guiding me and helping me; thank you for playing an amazing part of this community. So i am going to send the phone in for repairs and pray that the quote isnt too much. But even if it is can i switch it out for a cheaper phone.
Userlevel 1
In situations like this, the community (remember, we're users just like you!) can't do much. You...Consider investing in a case and screen protector for your phone. It's a worthwhile investment that too many people overlook. It will save you money in the end not just by protecting your phone from potential costly repairs, but also keeping the phone in pristine condition which will help the resale value if you are ever inclined to sell it when you are done with it.
In situations like this, the community (remember, we're users just like you!) can't do much. You...haha for sure 😛 its a costly lesson. Thank you so much for your reply, i really do appreciate it!