Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Currently on small tab, can I upgrade my phone on medium tab and keep my current plan?

Currently on small tab, can I upgrade my phone on medium tab and keep my current plan?
My current plan is the base plan @ $28 plus I have add-ons.  If I pay off my current tab, can I upgrade my phone on the medium tab but still keep my current plan?  Would prefer to stay on the small tab, but the discount being offered to me is much greater if I buy the new phone on the medium tab - not sure why that would be.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Unfortunately, no.  When you upgrade to medium tab, the minimum plan is $40+Tab for either 500 Minutes w/ 500 MB, or Unlimited Calling w/ no data.
Hope that helps!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The discount is great because you have to get the $40/month plan so theyre giving you a really good discount to get you to pay for a more expensive plan. You just have to decide if the discount is good enough for you!
But reading old posts seem to suggest that the small tab and the medium tab both allow you to keep your plan - I just wanted confirmation from koodo before proceeding.   😞
Userlevel 6
ns wrote:

But reading old posts seem to suggest that the small tab and the medium tab both allow you to kee...

The medium tab plan requirements at Koodo is relatively new. A year ago, you could take a tab 15 on a $25 base plan. To be fair, other providers generally don't offer minimum talk / no data plans when subsidizing more expensive phones. Old posts would have different information, which is why it's important to check the time-stamps on the old posts...cellphone plans and promos can and do change any and all the time.
You sometimes have the option of paying the difference upfront and going on tab small, depending on the promotion.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can check it out yourself. Add the phone to your cart, then when you go to choose a plan only the tab medium plans will be available. It mightve been the case in the past but not anymore.