Koodo Community
Solved

crappy phones

My Samsung phone is no longer functioning properly. This is the second one I have had trouble with. I am still paying for it, but am considering going to another provider in order to get a phone that lasts. Any help for me? I really need a functioning phone as I work on call

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Linda Henry Ruiz wrote:

Good to hear others have had the same issues. Have an iphonenow. I hear they work

I phone 4S is a good phone, coming from someone who has only had androids. It all depends what you use your phone for and if that phone meets your needs as a consumer. I preferably enjoy android interface and customization along with the play store enabling users to try the paid applications and if not enjoying what those apps offer can return them. There was issues with the Ace phones. but Samsung as manufacturer does provide other great products. It all depends on what you look for in a phone. I know, at least at my kiosk, we dont try and sell our favorite phone to customers but ensure that the right phone is sold based on the needs of the customer. I do homework on Galaxy S5 and have PCs and windows so its alot more compatible with the technology I have.
Userlevel 6
Linda Henry Ruiz wrote:

Good to hear others have had the same issues. Have an iphonenow. I hear they work

4S is a good phone. Nothing to worry about! 🙂
Linda Henry Ruiz wrote:

4s. Not enough money for a later model
Userlevel 6
Linda Henry Ruiz wrote:

Which one did you get?
Userlevel 3
As Curtules said, Samsung phone problem is a samsung phone problem, It does not matter what carrier you are with. I recently tried to get a Samsung SIIx fixed as it keeps power cycling. The power switch is a big problem and can be fixed for about $40. In my case, the replacement of the power switch did not fix the issue, but it does most of the time. Try a reputable repair centre.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Curtules wrote:

Sorry to hear about your phone, but your beef is really with the manufacturer, Samsung. But wh...

I'm guessing it's a Samsung Galaxy Ace or Ace 2x
Userlevel 6
Sorry to hear about your phone, but your beef is really with the manufacturer, Samsung. But what's exactly going wrong? Maybe we can help with it. If it's still under warranty you can also try repairs at your nearest Koodo kiosk.